Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Off Road driving!!!  (Read 4162 times)

sandy

Off Road driving!!!
« on: February 06, 2009, 09:35:06 pm »
Hi, is there anywhere that a friend of mine can drive his 4x4 off road!!! I am in Clackmannan but anywhere around the area, thanks.

HappyHippy

Re: Off Road driving!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 09:49:32 pm »
Hi Sandy,
I'm not very local unfortunately. But if he ever fancies a drive in rural Lanarkshire I've got plenty of hills, ditches and trees to keep him happy for a fair few hours. And since getting the bargain of the month on an old JCB we'll even be able to pull him out if (when?) he gets stuck ! lol!  ;D

sandy

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 10:16:08 pm »
Thats great, we will take up the offer, just got to find a time suitable, we told our friend he has to take one or both of us, I'll let ou know...you have made your first dream come true!!!!!!

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 10:22:33 pm »
That's quite alright, I'm happy to help out.
Let me know when you get times sorted - after next week I'm on maternity leave so I'll be here all the time. (Best avoid any time round the 30th April - the excitement of it all might put me into labour lol!) :o

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 10:25:05 pm »
Hi Happy hippy, I'm trying to remember who said they had 130 acres that we could maybe run some gundog training on - is it you?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 11:17:37 am »
Yep, it's me.
As the majority of the land is planted with trees and they have to be in for x amount of years to comply with the grants recieved at the time of planting. I'm open to any ideas that can run alongside the trees.
I've not managed to catch Eric, the guy who does all the shooting at the moment just to get his thoughts on the gundog trials - he bought a load of phesants and reared them (and controls our deer and foxes and I'm going to ask if he'll start on the squirrels, grrrrr)- so I don't want to upset him and lose our pest control. But he trains gundogs so I'm sure he'll be fine with the idea. I'll try to get a hold of him this weekend and maybe we can take steps in the right direction ?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 12:54:50 pm »
Yep, it's me.
As the majority of the land is planted with trees and they have to be in for x amount of years to comply with the grants recieved at the time of planting. I'm open to any ideas that can run alongside the trees.
I've not managed to catch Eric, the guy who does all the shooting at the moment just to get his thoughts on the gundog trials - he bought a load of phesants and reared them (and controls our deer and foxes and I'm going to ask if he'll start on the squirrels, grrrrr)- so I don't want to upset him and lose our pest control. But he trains gundogs so I'm sure he'll be fine with the idea. I'll try to get a hold of him this weekend and maybe we can take steps in the right direction ?
We can work with him! My FT sec wasn't convinced 130 acres is enough for HPR trials, but excellent for training and tests(spring pointing comes to mind for March/April. We would need a trainer for any training days we run up here anyway as most of the Brittany people are in Englandshire!  We could open it to Spaniels, retrievers, and HPRs on three different days, I suspect labs or spaniels is what your trainer friend has anyway.  Speak to him nicely for me and see if he would consider helping with training days - no birds are shot out of season anyway - from now till October.  I'm sure clubs would be happy to give you a donation as they could charge members for the day's training - as an idea we charge £20 per dog and handler per day to include sandwich/tea/coffee/choc biccie lunch, timetable, basic training schedule and a trainer for up to 8 dogs.  From about 8 participants we usually give the trainer about £80 plus a bottle of wine, landowner £30 plus bottle or all cash if preferred
I've done a  wee spreadsheet to give you an idea how we calculate it all - sorry it's all out of alignment but I've attached the spreadsheet if you have Excel to read it.
Annie
                                                             Income   Expenditure
Participants            8      
price    (8 x £20)              £20.00                         £160.00   
lunch    (8 x £2)                                     £2.00                   £24.00
trainer - gift                                       £85.00                   £85.00
landowner - gift                                     £35.00                   £35.00
Admin - advertising, copying, printing    £6.00                     £6.00
Club funds, organisation                      £10.00                   £10.00
Totals                                                    £160.00       £160.00
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS