Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: "Micro-pigs" - saga continues  (Read 16684 times)

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
Re: "Micro-pigs" - saga continues
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2011, 06:10:25 pm »

I have a large black runt, that we struggled for weeks to bring up - came out barely alive but with lots of TLC has carried on life.  Now at 18 weeks is the size of an 8 week old - maybe I'll sell it at £600 (bag of food thrown in for free of course and a nicely printed birth certificate!) - am sure it will only grow to knee height if you don't feed it much - any takers??? 

or maybe not.... ;D

www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk
"Perfect Pigs" the complete guide to keeping pigs; One Day Pig Courses in South East;
Weaners for sale - Visit our site for details

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2011, 06:32:11 pm »
I want to post a picture of my micro pig (Digby) and the latest sofa, sadly nearly defunct, but hey ho, why should I want to buy new wellies, when I can spend the money on yet another Digby sofa!!!!!   I have logged in, how do I continue....

HappyHippy

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2011, 07:14:35 pm »
HM if you look for the page 'the truth about mini pigs' once you've found it click on 'like' once you've done that you'll be able to post photo's and comment on the other posts. Oh and look for me & add me to your friends list - Karen Lindsay McKay (photo is of a little brown KK piglet  ;))

Oaklands - you've no idea how close to the truth you are  ::)  ;)
I have heard reports of a certain breeder who was known to have bought a runt from a litter of GOS's, as they loaded it into their car they were 'allegedly' overheard laughing and gloating about how much they could sell it for  :o >:( Oh yes, and the underfeeding is a regular thing - as is early weaning  >:( What chance of a long, healthy life have these pigs got  ??? The barefaced cheek, lies and total disregard for animal welfare never cease to astound me  :-\
Bet your micro Large Black soon catches up with his littermates  ;) ;D
Karen  :wave:

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2011, 07:19:14 pm »
HH will do tomorrow.  My "micro pig" is wrecking the house because he is on a diet and wants more food NOW bless him.

welshlass181

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2011, 11:48:01 pm »
HH to be totally honest they can say what they like.  I am not slagging a person off just the people in general lol there is no personal attack on anybody and i am simply posting my views LOL bring it on i say hehe i've got a so called "Micro pig" in my herd and she is the biggest one i own :( her first owner bought her as a micro, she grew and grew and GREW so she rehomed her to the lady i got her off.  The other sow she had died and she pined so now she is with me

HappyHippy

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2011, 09:01:45 am »
HH to be totally honest they can say what they like.
But they can't though Welshlass  :-\
Yes, ordinary people will listen and can be taken in by what they say BUT trading standards and false advertising do come into play in these cases. The breeders were making false claims and IMHO that's the same as a cleaning product manufacturer making wild claims about their product or a car manufacturer doing the same. Obviously the court agreed as said breeder was prosecuted and have since changed the wording on their website  ;)
Unfortunately until some BIG TV programme or newspaper run the story there's no way to let the public know the truth - there are bits and pieces of info getting through, but not enough to really make a difference. Til then there are going to be not so micro 'micros' all over the country looking for new homes  :(
Karen x

Stevie G

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2011, 01:17:08 pm »

I have a large black runt, that we struggled for weeks to bring up - came out barely alive but with lots of TLC has carried on life.  Now at 18 weeks is the size of an 8 week old - maybe I'll sell it at £600 (bag of food thrown in for free of course and a nicely printed birth certificate!) - am sure it will only grow to knee height if you don't feed it much - any takers??? 

or maybe not.... ;D

There's a MUG born every day, but unfortuately for you are not like that otherwise you would be a "Millionaire", instead you are just pig Farmer.
Help educate them, rather than scaring the "s#*T out of them and you might make a difference instead of certain persons growling like a prehistoric cave man!!!!! :wave: :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS