Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: NEWBIE FROM KINCARDINE, CENTRAL SCOTLAND  (Read 3836 times)

Lubob

NEWBIE FROM KINCARDINE, CENTRAL SCOTLAND
« on: February 05, 2009, 09:16:12 pm »
Hi, looking forward to soaking up all the advice (really need it!) you all have.  Going to go along to the Smallholders meeting next Wednesday.  We are real beginners so please dont laugh too loudly when we ask dumb questions!!!!  We have just ordered our hen house so awaiting its arrival any day now and can't wait - hopefully I will remember all that I learnt on Rosemary's course last year,  :chook:.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: NEWBIE FROM KINCARDINE, CENTRAL SCOTLAND
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 09:24:55 pm »
Welcome, I joined the CSSA (new name) last year as soon as I moved down here from Aberdeenshire, they are lovely people! I look forward to meeting you.  I usually go with Sandy in the village, but she may be working.  It's not next Wednesday though - 18th at Menstrie Centre.
Annie
ps forgot to say I'm on the edge of Clacks village between the railway and the bypass with 4 dogs, 2 cats, 4 ducks, 9 hens and a cockerel!  And hopefully starting on veg this year.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Lubob

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 09:35:06 pm »
Looking forward to meeting you, just as well you said it was the following Wednesday!  I am hoping to do veg as well, getting loads of advice from the forum.  We have 5 dogs and hope to gradually build up starting with the  :chook:!  We are on the outskirts of Kincardine on the old road to Culross, we only moved here at the beginning of November.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 11:00:16 pm »
Hi, where did you move from?  I know a few folk in Kincardine - but some only their first names.   Sandy used to be head of an art department and now builds and renovates houses, with Andy his pal (he mends cars as well I think). They are renovating a house in Kinc just now but I've no idea where it is - nearly finished I hope as they are due to start on my patio next.  I have an acre but the house is in the middle and it's nearly all in lawn.  I'm trying to roughen it up a bit so it looks more like a smallholding.
See you 18th
Annie
ps do you know your way to the Menstrie centre?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 10:32:18 am »
hiya from fws,
Am in tullibody/clacks too

Linz

Andrew

• Joined Dec 2007
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 11:24:05 am »
 Welcome to both this wonderful site and also CSSA. Look forward to meeting you at next meeting.

sandy

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 12:45:46 pm »
Hello, I signed up for some work now I get loads if I want it, anyway, I hope to attend as many meetings as possible and I look forward to meeting up with  you, afterall, you are neighbours, I would love more chickens but need a shed/hutch first as the .ast one was an expensive rip off I think, see you soon I hope, Sandy

Lubob

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 02:14:09 pm »
We only moved from Tillicoultry!  We are just outside Kincardine and don't actually know anyone from the village.  No time at the moment really too busy trying to juggle like everyone else! ;D

juliag

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Wanstrow somerset
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 02:56:53 pm »
hello frome snowy somerset  :)
juliag

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 07:42:45 pm »
Hello you!

How are you? Great to find you here on TAS and will look forward to seeing you on the 18th. The only dumb question is the one you didn't ask!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS