Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: sharing transportation costs/trailers etc  (Read 2855 times)

tobytoby

• Joined May 2011
  • north ayrshire
sharing transportation costs/trailers etc
« on: June 02, 2011, 02:54:55 pm »
I am fairly new to the site and i have noticed a large amount of comments about items for sale and a lot state "if only i was closer"

Is it possible to set up a tab (Transport?), within the TAS forum  where anyone travelling A to B, maybe able to share transport costs/make slight detours/arrange meeting points/hire out trailers/buy a litter and share/reduce costs?? Only a thought and this might have been raised on a previous thread - or maybe a pain in the ass to collate info? ???

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: sharing transportation costs/trailers etc
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 03:12:34 pm »
It sounds a good idea to me, providing two people in the same area were going to the same place(or near) and two people or more wanted to buy pigs/sheep etc. from the same source. :-\

tobytoby

• Joined May 2011
  • north ayrshire
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 03:25:19 pm »
There always seems to be more than one person interested in items i want to buy? Its always nice to see how other folk live and get "live" tips & ideas and meet new people. :) Detours don't always cost much??

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 11:10:04 pm »
And the price of the fuel and a cup of coffee would make it easier still :)

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 08:50:45 am »
What a brilliant idea

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 11:43:55 am »
However this would only aply for anyone NOT transporting livestock, as you couldn't share that and even making a detour to someone else's farm increases the biosecurity risks.

I think this is really diffiuclt to set up, my husband had been trying to set up car share for his journey to wrok, and even that is nearly impossible.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 03:55:33 pm »
And, if transporting stock for others, dont you need a carriers licence? from the blessed DEFRA + it leaves you open to all sorts of complex insurance claims when it all goes wrong.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS