Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: greenhouse parts supplier  (Read 4932 times)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
greenhouse parts supplier
« on: June 02, 2011, 02:47:57 pm »
Can anyone recommend a supplier for parts for old-fashioned greenhouses? When we got our greenhouse from our neighbour it came with a window without the latch. We managed to keep it in place with wire through the holes but in the last storm the fitting broke off as well, now we keep on picking the window off the ground and every second time need to replace the glass, too...We might need a new window frame with all the fittings and the latch...
also, I saw at Moira's that the new models have  wind protection bars on the outside and I wondered if something like that can be attached to our old model (maybe that would be a solution for the window to keep it in place)... :&>

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
Re: greenhouse parts supplier
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 12:32:17 am »
try....  Two Wests .co.uk or eden-greenhouses.com as they both seem to make green houses , perhaps supply them with a photo and dimensions when you make contact.

Might make contact using the  Info@twowests.co.uk   or ( this one is valid ) info@eden- greenhouses.com
 I myself would also look around for a big garden centre that has a greenhouse franchise as they often have a fair range of bits to repair old ones.

Eden do sell extra windows according to their literature , I have their brochure in front of me as I have just purchased a new 12' x 8'4" Eden highline jobby .
I seem to think that most widths and sizes are standard ones so you may be in luck.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 12:38:32 am by Plantoid »
International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

Mel

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 08:11:52 am »
Can anyone recommend a supplier for parts for old-fashioned greenhouses? When we got our greenhouse from our neighbour it came with a window without the latch. We managed to keep it in place with wire through the holes but in the last storm the fitting broke off as well, now we keep on picking the window off the ground and every second time need to replace the glass, too...We might need a new window frame with all the fittings and the latch...
also, I saw at Moira's that the new models have  wind protection bars on the outside and I wondered if something like that can be attached to our old model (maybe that would be a solution for the window to keep it in place)... :&>
Is your greenhouse wood or aluminium,the reason I ask is we have both and both had broken latches,rather than spend fortunes we used some fancy brass latches which were given to us-as brass scrap! they work a treat.We have a few more so if you may be able to make use of them,please do let me know!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 11:28:30 am »
if not, try Norfolk greenhouses, they were really helpful when mine was damaged by high winds (or more accurately, falling trees!!)
Little Blue

calamityjane

• Joined Aug 2011
  • sauchie
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 09:30:15 pm »
try ebay have seen adverts for window latches have you thought of trying an ad on gumtree or freegle freecycle might be worth a go wish i'd kept my old greenhouse the new one was a waste of 300 blowns apart and breaks if its windy door never worked  >:(

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS