Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Very small-holding for sale in Angus, Scotland  (Read 5878 times)

CharlotteFleming

• Joined May 2011
Very small-holding for sale in Angus, Scotland
« on: May 30, 2011, 07:01:55 pm »
I'm putting my cottage up for sale so I can buy an old school to convert.  The house has 3/4 acre of garden ground and I've tried 3 times to get planning permission for it, but Angus Council class it as "strip development" which is totally vetoed in the local plan.  So it has to go to someone who wants it as land/garden :farmer: and a nurse at my vet's suggested this forum. 

I currently run chickens :chook: on about 1/3 of the plot.  There's a 12'x5' wildlife pond  :&>, a mill-lade at the foot of the garden, 2 sheds and a 6'x4' greenhouse, and space to park 2 cars.  The garden is greyhound-proof  :dog:, with a sturdy five-bar gate and fencing all round.

The house has 2 bedrooms (one currently used as a dining room) and a floored attic above.  (Though it's not strictly legal to use the attic, as there isn't the statutory 2m of headroom all the way up the fixed ladder, it's been my spare bedroom for the past 11 years and I've never had any problems.)  There's a large sitting room with a small study off it.  Most of the windows are double glazed and there's a large back porch with a washing line in it.

You can find more details here: http://greatcopy.info/house-for-sale/

Thanks for reading   :wave:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Very small-holding for sale in Angus, Scotland
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 07:06:19 pm »
Looks lovely. Angus is great too.

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 07:07:44 pm »
Wow, that's beautiful, good luck. It looks really lovely.  :)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 07:08:43 pm »
Looks lovely, not a bad price either.  Good luck
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

BlueDaisy

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Grow your own - veg and chooks!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 09:13:02 pm »
Hi Charlotte, :wave:
Nice to see you here, hopefully your house will be just what someone here is looking for ;D
Best wishes, Maura   ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS