Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Tree people wanted!!!!  (Read 2204 times)

Sandy

Tree people wanted!!!!
« on: May 28, 2011, 02:07:24 pm »
Not urgent but we have a group of three Laylandi that are huge, we do not like how they look and they shelter our garden from the neighbours and give a warm dry place all year round to our chucks BUT, we have decided after seeing them at a 90 angle we could do with getting rid or chopping them down a few feet, one Branch fell in our neighbours, no damage but we think thats a warning, so, any licenced tree fellers (or Two fellers) in or around the area looking for work (thats a joke I bet they are all soooooo busy after the storms) We would be happy to look at costs....we had a tree surgeon here before but they are too busy to help at the mo, I forgot what we paid him but he is a friend!!!

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
Re: Tree people wanted!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 02:26:43 pm »
Hi Sandy, We've used Thomsons before - www.thomsontrees.com, not the cheapest but fantastic guys. Sounds like a good plan to take them down before they do some damage.

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 09:01:55 am »
I lost a huge douglas fir during the winter storms and a local guy with a chainsaw did the chopping for me as no way could I afford a tree surgeon :o

I noticed a couple of days ago that one of the cats has found a way onto the barn roof - yesterday I realised it is because another one has started to collapse - two huge branches are lying half twisted against the barn roof ::)  Need to find some cash to get the guy back before it wrecks the other half of the barn cos I am not quite done dismantling the top half's roof that fell the same time as the first tree.. So if you find someone good and cheap let me know cos I reckon the whole tree needs to come down not just the fallen bits be chopped up :(

At least I guess I can reduce the oil consumption for next winter with all this firewood landing in my garden ::)
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 12:58:42 pm »
Apologies in advance for this....

Paddy and Sheamus were walking along the street, when they spotted a sign in a newsagents window saying "Tree Fellers Wanted"

Paddy turned to his mate and said in a dissapointed voice "Ah Sheamus what a pity theres only two of us"

Thanks
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.
Also www.suppliesforfarmers.co.uk for more larger farm related items

Sandy

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 01:15:03 pm »
 ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS