Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Solar panels 2  (Read 15874 times)

bucketman

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Sutherland Scotland
Solar panels 2
« on: May 17, 2011, 08:53:46 pm »
Hi All
Me again well my panels get fitted Mon 23rd early 50th b/day thing. Also bought a little leccy monitor thing to tell us how much leccy we use. It says that if I wake up my laptop it costs 1p a min more to run. Makes you think. Not going to do any thing different for a week and then sit down and think
rob
I am going to live the dream

egbert

• Joined Jan 2010
Re: Solar panels 2
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 07:46:51 pm »
After a long wait our planning permission has been granted, so we get out solar panels fitted next week too. Such long delays and now everything is happening very fast. I really wanted some Leylandii chopping before they went in, but looks like that will happen after, so getting quotes this week and having to explain to the men each time that when they come to do the chopping there won't be the nice empty ground below anymore, just me very large ground mounted panels, so will not be amused if they drop a tree on them!   :o

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 08:54:11 pm »
could you not borrow a saw and cut them down. thats a very expensive error waiting to happen.

bucketman

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Sutherland Scotland
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 10:16:06 am »
Well got tomorrow off work to see panels go on my roof. The scaffold has been up since Thursday. So fingers crossed for a nice day tomorrow
rob

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 07:17:47 pm »

We have just signed up for ours today, now need to stop OH getting cold feet and cancelling. Outlay is £15 for REC panels so I am sweating a bit too as we are verrrrry close to retiring and that is a bit chunk of our savings.  :o
Anne

egbert

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 09:03:32 pm »
£15 seems like a bargain  ;)

bucketman

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Sutherland Scotland
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 07:23:29 am »
we'll ours are all up it was 9 oclock when they finish so nothink happened the sun is out today so will look at the little meter they put in after work
rob

egbert

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 11:58:29 am »
There are 3 men outside setting ours up right now.  ;)

Can you show us a picture of your panels?

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 01:27:46 pm »

;D oops £15k  ::)
Anne

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 01:57:42 pm »

;D oops £15k  ::)
What's teh projected income on that if you don't mind me asking?  I've only had one quote so far of £12K, and waitign fro three more to contact me.  That one said I'd get about £1K a year, but I can't rememebr if that included electricity saved or not
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

bucketman

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Sutherland Scotland
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 07:32:05 pm »
sorry if pic is to late been in work
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 07:38:18 pm by bucketman »

bucketman

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Sutherland Scotland
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 07:57:28 pm »
mine came in at a little shy of 11k will go and have another look a my little meter 100th time today. It now says 14.9kw so if I get about 43p per kw thats about £6.04 not bad am happy plus got some free leccy today plus the export thing dont know how that works. So guess about £6.25 today brill. I know this figure will go up and down but its still good. mine is about a 2.9kw systerm
rob

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 08:03:54 pm »
your F.I.T all depends on the tarriff you have chosen and how much you have said you will feed back to the grid. Most don't have meters on (yet) to measure how much is going back to the grid so they pay a flat fee. A solar application should pay back in it's life time of 25 years but that is income and savings from the system, it does not include how much value/saleability it adds to your property.

bucketman

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Sutherland Scotland
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 08:34:21 pm »
we have signed up to a tariff of 43p for each kw the leccy co reckons we will export .5 of the leccy we generate and we save money on are free leccy think everyone gets the same I think

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 08:40:00 pm »
That's the bit I don't underrstand - if you have a 2.9 kw system - is that the maximum output per hour? And how many hours a year would you generate?  I lent my quote to someone else that's why I'm picking your brains - can't rememebr what it said. ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS