Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A big thank you to you all  (Read 3698 times)

greenfingers

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Grange by Keith, Banffshire
A big thank you to you all
« on: January 23, 2009, 01:11:16 pm »
I would just like to say a BIG THANK YOU to you all for making me so welcome on this site.  I have been a member for a short while now and I have enjoyed it so very much.  I sit here some nights while hubby is on lates and read what you are all doing.  It makes me laugh some times and it whiles away my lonely evenings sat here in my farmhouse away from everyone.
I have received some very good advice from you all and have read other helpful tips and hints on doing projects.
I have ordered all my seeds for the year and I am dying to get out in the garden and start my planting.  I have met another nutter like us at work, she has emigrated from Harrogate to Drummuir just up the road from me and we are having a great time exchanging ideas for the gardens etc.  She is getting her first chickens next weekend and is borrowing our rotavator this weekend to start to dig up her garden for vegetables .
It is lonely when you move so far away from your family, but this site is like an extended family to me and now I have Lyn and her family as well now.
It may be a little late but I wish you all a great new year in the gardens, growing vegetables etc and raising all your livestock.  I am enjoying my self so much doing what I am doing and reading what you are all doing.

Thank you for all your help and advice.
Elaine
Elaine

Always look on the bright side of life, de dum, de dum de dum, de dum!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: A big thank you to you all
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 07:46:36 pm »
Aha, Drummuir!  Stopped briefly there when we went on the chuffa chuffa!  John and I were members of the Railway Society till he died and I moved down here!  Does it run anywhere near you?  Lovely countryside up there.
Annie
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 10:43:06 pm »
I like this forum as well, lot's of likeminded people on here, i lot of learning as well. I gain so much from this forum, I know you will too, Sandy

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 09:19:34 pm »
I've had no internet connection or email since Friday! It's been awful. I had to read a book!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 12:19:36 am »
Apparently a fibre optic break somewhere has caused slowing and breakdown of connections at times.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 08:06:19 am »
Two weeks ago I had that problem, then BT found the phone line hanging by a thread, he repaired it but it still has a bit of a crackle and the internet connection is fluctuating, it never used to so something is wrong, not sure about calling BT out again as they will charge millions is it's something that is my fault....

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 11:01:56 am »
You might still have water in the main box that feeds your house.  If you are sure none of your own equipment is faulty call them out again - we pay them enough.  Come down and try your phones in my house if you like.

sandy

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 12:20:04 pm »
My phone is Ok as it is new, only have one, the BT wireless hub keeps flickering and one problem could be the tree as the lines go through it or it could be the box filter thingy that the wireless hub goes into, or again, water in the box....anyway, I will get on with my duties as I have beds to change and I keep messing around (as usual) back later, Sandy

greenfingers

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Grange by Keith, Banffshire
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 06:08:54 pm »
My broadband has been down since Saturday, it has been very slow for a while, but finally went.  Just managed to turn the compter on. 
Re  the railway, we are about 4 miles from, we are just outside Keith.  We went on it last year, it is not very busy and does not open every weekend.  Shame really as it goes through some lovely country side.
Elaine

Always look on the bright side of life, de dum, de dum de dum, de dum!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 09:09:30 pm »
John and I used to help get the track ready for it - heavy work, tree roots right across etc, my cousin's boyfriend trained as a train driver on the Keith to Dufftown line.  Took the grandchildren on it, they loved it.  local playgroup went on the Santa run.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS