Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: hi from beoley  (Read 2175 times)

houndsfield

• Joined Apr 2011
hi from beoley
« on: April 18, 2011, 11:08:52 pm »
hi l am new on here have a little smallholding with horses :horse: sheep :sheep: pigs :pig: chickens :chook: and ducks oh and the family wolfhound :dog:, and 2 cains and 2 jack russells,
l have usally about 40 cad lambs off local farmers all bottle feed, but idealy would like some greyfaced dartmoors,. here's hoping l get them this year. :wave: :wave: :wave:

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: hi from beoley
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 07:58:13 am »
Welcome, hope you get your dartmoors.  I just keep pigs, and a few fowl.  I like sheep but find them too demanding  ;D

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 07:59:50 am »
Hello and welcome from Devon. 

I'm a pig and chicken lady....and of course Phoebe the basset hound.

Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 08:27:34 am »
Hi and welcome from Carnoustie  :wave:

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 12:51:07 pm »
hello and welcome from fife  :wave:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 01:03:37 pm »
Hi from North Cumbria.  We're commercial sheep and beef farmers with Fell & Dales ponies, pigs, chickens & a house cow on the side.  Three working collies, usually walk a hound pup but the local pack didn't line any bitches last year.  One working cat. 

Good luck getting the Dartmoors.  I am plotting a few Exmoor Horns but not sure how it is feasible to get them all the way up here...
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Brahma girl

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Norfolk
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 08:00:40 pm »
Welcome from Norfolk, sounds like quite a clan you have there, loads of helpful and really nice people here, enjoy.
I live with my Hubby,dogs Ellie,Coco and Roo, my Cats Cilla, Archie, Chin. We keep beautiful Brahmas in Lemon Pyle. Red Pyle, Blue, Silver Blue, Gold Partridge, Black, Darks, Blue Splash. Lovely French Faverolles, cute Porcelain Pekins,Grey mottled,  Black, Lemon. Also Red Barbu d' Uccle.

poppajohn

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Fenland
  • Grass cutting, what old fellers do!
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 04:26:46 pm »
Hello, nice to know you and enjoy the site. Its a grand place for learning!

houndsfield

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 11:24:05 pm »
Hi from North Cumbria.  We're commercial sheep and beef farmers with Fell & Dales ponies, pigs, chickens & a house cow on the side.  Three working collies, usually walk a hound pup but the local pack didn't line any bitches last year.  One working cat. 

Good luck getting the Dartmoors.  I am plotting a few Exmoor Horns but not sure how it is feasible to get them all the way up here...

hi l wonder do you know of any one with a dales stallion l have a dales mare, and would like to get her covered this year but cannot find a dales stallion,.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 11:52:26 am »
Well, yes I do know people with Dales stallions, there are quite a few breeders in these parts.  But I think you are quite a way away from me? 

I expect you have already looked at the Stallions at Stud, Breeder Contacts and Dales Sales List on the Dales Pony Society website, but just in case, you can find them here:

http://www.dalespony.org/Stallions.html
http://www.dalespony.org/Sales-List.html

If that doesn't help, maybe you should post a question here on the Horse Forum?  There are bound to be other Dales people nearer to you than I am.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS