Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: hiya  (Read 2963 times)

helskitchen

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Near Huntingdon
hiya
« on: April 26, 2011, 02:52:02 pm »
Hello all!  I'm Hels, me and my family live near Huntingdon.  We have recently moved to a farmhouse with lots of space, so are increasing our critters.  We have a Newfy (Jazz), a Border collie (Poppy), 2 cats (Monty and Minnie), 25 hens and 1 cockerel (Rooney), and 2 guinea pigs (Jake and Eddie).  They all get on brilliantly, the cats come with us when we go egg collecting and sit next to the hens, the dogs cuddle the cats and the hens sit quite happily with the dogs.  We are hoping to resuce some more hens (most of ours came from an egg farm rescue mission) and we are also now looking for a couple of pygmy goats.  Me and my son are into riding as well, but although we have stables and a paddock I dont think we are quite ready for the responsibility of our own horses just yet!! (Although it would be our dream!!)  Any advice about goats would be gratefully received as we are researching this at the moment, and we have plenty more space for hens and cockerels if anyone has any that need new homes at the moment!!

Bye for now!
Hels and co x :chook:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: hiya
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 04:06:12 pm »
Hi Hels, welcome to the forum.  I'm in Cleckmannan, but sometimes visit friends in Royston, who take me through to Huntingdon to see my Nephew and his family.  I just have an acre and ducks and chickens (and dogs and a cat)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 05:55:05 pm »
hello and welcome  :wave:
Little Blue

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 09:10:00 pm »
hello and welcome from fife  :wave: :wave:

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 07:31:18 am »
Hi from Brittany

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 09:03:53 am »
Hi and welcome from Costa Carnoustie  :wave:

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 06:01:23 pm »
Hi there and welcome from Sue in Worcestshire   :wave:
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 08:30:16 pm »
Hiya & welcome from the West  :wave:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS