Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Aye aye from north-east Scotland  (Read 2641 times)

Highlander

• Joined Feb 2009
Aye aye from north-east Scotland
« on: February 08, 2009, 09:42:21 am »
Hello, am from Glass in Aberdeenshire and have 23 acres with a few cows and sheep.I work full time but make time for looking after stock which consists of 6 cows,1 heifer,1 stock bull,2 young bulls,6 last years calves,16 ewes and 1 tup. 3 cows and heifer are Bazadaise as are 2 young bulls,3 calves,3 other cows are bbx.Ewes are Shetland with Texel tup.Hope to look in from time to time to get some news and give advice if i can,looking forward to the banter. Off to give sheep some hay,16 inch of snow here and -10 brrr. Peter

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Aye aye from north-east Scotland
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 01:09:36 pm »
Aye, Aye, Pete, Fit like?  foo ye daein!  I wis at al rayne til last spring - nae far fae ye.  We've nae sna doon here, ava!  Ma pal's aye up there in Bonnyton, en I ken fine Lizzie and John Don frae Freefield.  If ye ivver see thim, min an say fit like fur mi.
Annie
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 04:07:02 pm »
Hi and welcome to TAS. Look forward to hearing more about your experiences.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 12:41:48 pm »
Hi and welcome, I live near Banff and your right it is very cold but sunny today.

HappyHippy

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 05:37:00 pm »
Hiya,
I married an Aberdonian & dragged him back down to Lanarkshire with me !  :o
We spent 5 years in the Pitmedden / Fyvie area - gorgeous part of the world - definately god's own country up there. But I miss the proper winters being down here, never had livestock to deal with in Aberdeen though - so dare say I'd be less keen if that had been the case.
Look forward to hearing about your exploits !
Karen  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS