Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Central Scotalnd Smallholders Association 13th April  (Read 3293 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Central Scotalnd Smallholders Association 13th April
« on: April 08, 2011, 01:55:32 pm »
Next meeting is on Wednesday 13th April at the Mayfield Centre in Stirling. The guest speaker is Sandy Slater from Business Gateway, who will be speaking about help available to small businesses, including Scottish Rural Development Programme (SRDP). With the current recession, we hope that Sandy will be able to help and encourage smallholders to realise an income from their land, enterprises and expertise. As a major supermarket chain says, every little helps  ;D

Attendance is free to members (donations for refreshments welcome) and £5 for non-members. You can join on the night for £10 and avoid the charge  ;D

Tea, coffee and home baking and a bit of chat as well.

Look forward to seeing old and new members and maybe some new faces  :wave:

HappyHippy

Re: Central Scotalnd Smallholders Association 13th April
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 05:13:15 pm »
What time is it at Rosemary ?
I'd love to come along (maybe drag Bruce too) but need to try and arrange a cage childminder  ;)  ;D ;D ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 05:32:09 pm »
7.30 Karen - would love to see you both there.  I have a few large dog cages - drop the kids off here, we'll stick them in with the dogs, then we can go to Stirling together. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 07:08:28 pm »
He he he, thanks for the offer Annie, I'm hoping my mum will take on the job  ;)
Do you need a lift up ? I can't remember if you got your car all sorted  ::) We can swing in past on the way if it would help ?
Oh I'm getting excited at the prospect of an evening out - best check with the mothership before I go making plans though  ::) ;)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 07:52:30 pm »
It would be great if you could come, Karen (and Bruce  ;D) - it would be great to meet you at last!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 08:46:23 pm »
It's OK Karen, got another car, and will probably be coming with Sandy.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 08:54:29 pm »
It would be great if you could come, Karen (and Bruce  ;D) - it would be great to meet you at last!
I know ! I feel the same way lol! Finally get faces to put with the names  ;)
My mother is being typically non-committal  ::) :-\ So Bruce has kindly told me that if she can't watch the kids he'll stay home with them so I can come  ;D (I'm sure there will be a price for the trade off - but hey ho  ;) ;D)
Directions to the Mayfield centre look fairly straightforward - so count me in for definate and I'll let you know on the day if Bruce is coming too.
Would you like me to bring some baking (I'm not bad at the ol' carrot cake muffins now ;)) or just turn up with a donation towards them ?
See you there !  ;D ;D ;D :wave:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 09:17:01 pm »
We usually have a lot of home bakes so just you bring yourself. x

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 11:50:23 am »
Shameless bumping! Hope lots of you can make it  ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 03:40:34 pm »
I enjoyed Sandy Slater's short talk about what Business Gateway does, and the ensuing discussions on various topics.  But perhaps he could have given more help on "how to realise an income from their land, enterprises and expertise" as you mentioned Rosemary.  Apart from what came out in the discussions and the various leaflets he left with everyone I don't think he did do that.  Perhaps I was expecting too much, and admittedly the members present represented a lot of different types of smallholding.  The folder with leaflets contained a lot of good advice and hopefully will help folk willing and with the time to read it all.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS