Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi from Lancashire!  (Read 2782 times)

Venus

• Joined Jul 2010
Hi from Lancashire!
« on: April 12, 2011, 04:45:10 pm »
Hi :)

Not a smallholder as of yet unfortunately! We do grow our own fruit/veg but thats about as close as we get up to now  ::)

I currently live with my 3 children and father in Lancashire, I have a horse (and soon to have a foal - shes due in June) and we have been looking for a small holding for a good 6 months now with no luck. We dont want anything huge just a couple of acres and ideally but not essential 1 or 2 stables to keep my horse and foal (although she does live out all year round at the moment so a stable is not a necessity if theres enough grazing) and somewhere to grow our own and have some chickens etc

Its been so difficult, and we are not exactly limiting our search as we are willing to relocate anywhere in the country for the right property! We did have somewhere a lovely 4 bed house with 3 acres and 3 stables but we was let down right on the last min (2 weeks before we was supposed to be moving!) :( so the search has continued. We now only have until June when our tenancy on our house is up and Im starting to wonder if we are ever going to find anywhere!

Does anyone have any ideas on the best places to look. Ive tried searching online but not sure if im looking in the wrong places or theres just nothing out there at the moment. Our budget for monthly rent is fairly reasonable for what we want (around £1500 pcm but flexible depending on size of smallholding) so dont think that is the problem!  :-\

Anyway, ive been registered here since last July and just lurked really so thought I would get my first post on! and hopefully soon I can properly join you all as a smallholder  ;D

Simone

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
Re: Hi from Lancashire!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 07:36:27 pm »
Welcome from fife  :wave:

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 07:46:23 pm »
hi and welcome from moray  :wave:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 08:20:36 pm »
Hi and welcome from Costa Carnoustie  :wave:

Good luck with the search! I take it you are looking to rent not buy?

Venus

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 08:32:01 pm »
Hi and thankyou   :wave:  Yes I'm looking to rent :)

jacquip

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 09:19:37 am »
Welcome from Wales :wave:

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 09:55:27 am »
Welcome from France, hope you find the perfect property soon.

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 10:13:29 pm »
Hiya & welcome from West Scotland  :wave:

Yep, difficult to rent when you've got animals, but if you're budget is big enough have you considered an agricultural tenancy?
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Venus

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 10:51:45 pm »
Well this is something I'm just starting to think about, I think it may be a good idea but again it's knowing how to find places, where to look etc budget isn't a problem for the right place.. Just need to find it first! Lol

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS