Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Uploading piccys - help!  (Read 3287 times)

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
Uploading piccys - help!
« on: April 09, 2011, 07:52:27 am »
Can anyone please give me a basic, step-by-step guide of how to get piccys from my OH's camera onto here  ???
Thanx
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

HappyHippy

Re: Uploading piccys - help!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 09:12:21 am »
I'll try...........

Download the photo's into your pc.
Resize them in your photo software programme. (They need to be quite small, but I can't remember the exact size. I make mine abour 40% of their original size) I always save them as 'something - tas' makes them easier to find  ;)
Post your reply (if it's a long one right click and 'copy' the text before you try adding photo's that way if the photo's are too big and you hvae to do it again, you don't need to retype it all)
At the bottom of the text box there's an 'additional options' bit, click that and it brings up the option to add photo's.
Select them and hit post - fingers crossed, if your photo's are the right size it should be fine. If not you need to go back and resize them a bit smaller again and repeat the whole process  ::) (hence, why it's handy to have the text all ready to paste)
Alternatively, you can set up a 'flickr' account, post your photo's on there without having to resize them and just post a link to the photo in your reply instead.
HTH
Karen x

The Woodsiders

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Near Horley in Surrey
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 01:07:05 pm »
Crickey HH aint you just the clever one, I have been trying to get my photo on for a long time without sucess despite the advice from TAS members, gonna give your idea a bash you have made it idiot proof for me.

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 09:31:05 pm »
Thanks Karen  :wave: that sounds pretty staightforward ;)

Just waiting now for Rach to download the photos from her camera onto the laptop  ::)

Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Padge

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 08:07:13 am »
gobldegook

Just testing to see if it works

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 09:08:24 am »
USE THIS TO RESIZE                       http://www.webresizer.com/resizer/                                   :wave:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 09:16:11 pm »
Thanks, VF.  I've used Photobucket but it's quite complicated.  Or maybe it's just me.   :dunce:    :roflanim:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 02:24:50 am »
Good one, VF.  I've updated the 'forum tip' with that link  :thumbsup:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS