Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: hatching eggs wanted  (Read 4590 times)

BlueDaisy

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Grow your own - veg and chooks!
hatching eggs wanted
« on: February 22, 2011, 09:15:44 am »
Does anyone have any hatching eggs within driving distance of Forfar?
I would rather collect than have them posted so I'm really just putting out feelers to see what's available in the area.
My only stipulation is that they must be large fowl chickens, but I'll consider anything. My incubator finger is getting itchy again!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: hatching eggs wanted
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 09:33:09 am »
Poultry sale at Thainstone on 19th March and one at Forfar on 26th March - there will be hatching eggs there, I'm sure, IF you can wait that long. :)

BlueDaisy

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 01:06:41 pm »
IF you can wait that long.
Hmmm, patience not my strongest point ;D :P

meebh

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 05:19:12 pm »
Hi how many were you thinking? also when are you thinking? and is North East Fife mear enough for you?  Our cockerels are cream legbar and minorca, hens are araucanas, light sussex, speckeldy's and calder rangers.  So if you are just looking for a wee mix you are welcome to PM me and pop down for some.  :chook:  :chook:

We have some in incy just now and will hatch on Saturday can't wait.  It will be day 18 tomorrow so we can take out turning cradle and wait...and wait....and wait  :wave:

Pony-n-trap

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 03:19:32 pm »
Poultry sale at Thainstone on 19th March and one at Forfar on 26th March - there will be hatching eggs there, I'm sure, IF you can wait that long. :)

Am going to Poultry sale on 19th, taking Legbars and some bantams, better stay away from the hatching egg part or might be coming home with a load!

BlueDaisy

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 04:03:26 pm »
Got some in the incy just now so that'll keep me going til Thainstone :)

hmmm, have been thinking about getting a couple of legbars ;)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 04:18:14 pm by BlueDaisy »

Pony-n-trap

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 11:42:32 am »
Got some in the incy just now so that'll keep me going til Thainstone :)

hmmm, have been thinking about getting a couple of legbars ;)

I  had them forsale on here, thought they were sold but turned out to be timewaster, if you are going to Thanistone they are a trio and 2 pullets, the pullets in the trio started laying on Sunday!  ;)

BlueDaisy

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 08:18:25 am »
I  had them forsale on here, thought they were sold but turned out to be timewaster, if you are going to Thanistone they are a trio and 2 pullets, the pullets in the trio started laying on Sunday! 

That's a shame, it now looks like I won't be going to Thainstone. If they don't sell (fat chance) let me know please. Or perhaps I can get some hatching eggs from you later in the year? Hubby is a delivery driver up in Aberdeenshire so I'm sure collection won't be a problem. ;D

Pony-n-trap

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 05:50:23 pm »
They sold, very well actually! ;D Have got their eggs in the incubator so if they hatch I might be able to help you later in the year??

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS