Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: morning all, what are you doing today?  (Read 107203 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: morning all, what are you doing today?
« Reply #315 on: February 25, 2010, 10:46:32 am »
Watching the rain and being thankful that we're not a few miles further North. It seems colder than it did when we had the dry cold - it's miserable. However, I have cheered myself up by declaring diets off until the weather improves and had a nice slice of fruit loaf that I made yesterday. I'm going to do some RHET stuff and then write some content for the new TAS site.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #316 on: February 25, 2010, 11:08:45 am »
Hello again Rosemary Do I call it plum bread?If so sod the diet 1/2" thick slice  buttered (not spread clover or flora. Butter)1/4" bestist vintage cheddar on a plate cut into 1" squares and placed in the mouth wi a fork.Save me a slice please ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #317 on: February 25, 2010, 12:57:12 pm »
It's a tea loaf - easy peasy. 12oz mixed dried fruit and 4oz of brown sugar soaked in 1/2 pint tea overnight. I use Chai tea which give a nice spice, but mainly 'cos we've got a box of the bags and we don't really like it as tea. Add an egg and 8oz self raising flour. Mix and put in a 1lb loaf tin. Bake for about an hour in a 180 oven. Servce sliced with butter sufficient to see toothmarks in. Takes about 10 minutes to make.

I used to use just sultanas but I use raisins, currants and sultanas now and it's even nicer.

In fact, make 2. I don't bother to wrap the first one.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #318 on: February 25, 2010, 02:18:27 pm »
I just spent £6500!!! New PVC windows and doors.

BUT without George's words in my mind it would have been £8750.  I bit of banter and chatting up a nice salesman and refusing to sign up there and then got it down to £7250, so I pushed a bit more, offered him advice on training hios daughter's GSP, and some eggs, and told him what I wanted to pay, and to include MY choice of glass, and My choice of doors.  Bingo!  Ta, Wizard!  I won adn they won too because I am 100% sure there ius still a huge margin in therre for them.    If they do a good job I'll be referring them so won't tell you which company it is yet.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #319 on: February 25, 2010, 04:36:34 pm »
Hello Annie as I say no need to be rude just assertive its amazing.Hes got the windows in your case and you have the money it works wonders when you point it out.Very pleased for you :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS