Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Stolen?!  (Read 3290 times)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Stolen?!
« on: March 18, 2011, 10:47:16 pm »
just heard from my friend that they have had a goat disappear, presumed stolen!
a young female Bagot, my billy's sister,  from the field.

a timely warning to check your fences, get a guard dog, get geese, a security camera etc - whatever it needs to keep your best friends (!) safe at home   ;D    :goat:
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Stolen?!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 11:03:15 pm »
Oh no, thats awful.  A lady not too far from me, had some goats advertised, had some viewers, then one night her pygmy intact billy was taken, and a couple of nights later then came back and took two more of her goats.

I do worry about my goats, particularly the smaller pygmies - anyone could carry Barnie off uinder their arm!!

They can carry the pygmy billy off ....bet they would be bringing him back pretty quick when they saw how moody he can be!!

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 11:04:36 pm »
oh thats awful, i bet they are worried to death, will keep everything crossed they find her safe and well  :hshoe: :wave:

fruitfarm

• Joined Feb 2011
  • The Lincolnshire Fens
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 08:54:57 am »

That's horrible! What a worry , not knowing how the poor little thing is being looked after. All fingers and hooves crosssed here too.

princesspiggy

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 02:19:33 pm »
the thought is horrible. our 1st goat diassapeared for a a couple of weeks after she first arrived, i think i searched the whole village. then oneday she was back again. i heard of a mini shetland foal that was stolen once, cud have just picked it up - shame.
theyd have to run like hell to catch my bagots!! has she not escaped? i heard thieves cut the horns off a bagot for fun, at a farm park somewhere - cruel.
mine went outside yesterday for 1st time since arriving, they look so happy ...and they are still there too...il be extra paranoid now, we'd be devastated if that happened to us!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 07:33:49 pm »
Our local radio news reported that a goat has been stolen from quite near to us...

It makes me wary of advertising our little lad Max, much as he needs a new home I don't want to draw attention what with the kids being so small still  :/
Little Blue

McRennet

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 07:55:38 pm »
This is terrible. How can people do this? I feel so sorry for the owners.

With regards to your Max I would suggest going through those you know (word of mouth) and a site/forum like this. Although its not a guarantee it is at least an opportunity to vet someone first and then give out your details if you feel they are serious.

It makes me very glad that there are geese, guinea fowl and 2 german shepherds on the farm!

Hatty

• Joined Feb 2011
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 11:08:00 am »
this worries me as our field is about 12miles from home  :goat:
How long did you say it would take me to dig this 5 acres with my spade?

Mays

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 02:02:31 pm »
gosh that is so worrying, I actually padlock my goat shed every night as we are close to a public footpath,

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS