Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Forum upgrade  (Read 83907 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Forum upgrade
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 12:56:31 pm »
He's an Epagneul Breton - pointing dog from Brittany.  Known here as just Brittanys  I have four of them - Allez, his Aunt, his wife and son. ;) ;D  I show them all and teh boys are trained/partly trained of work - shooting
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 11:11:04 am »
You should be justifiably very, very proud of him.

Norfolk Newby

• Joined Aug 2009
  • West Norfolk, UK
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 03:25:20 pm »
I am hoping that the opportunity to put forward a suggestion for changing the web site is still open.

I am finding that one of the useful features of this forum is the opportunity to use companies - often internet based businesses - which have proved useful to other members.

Could there be a discussion forum here specifically to present suppliers?

I am in two minds about allowing complaints about bad suppliers to be included as it would open the moderator to legal action if the complaint was found to be malicious.

Also blatant promotion of a relative's business would be wrong and quite hard to identify/prevent. However, at present suppliers are often included in replies so it would be the same as at present in this regard.

What do you think

Novice - growing fruit, trees and weeds

shearling

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 07:02:51 pm »
I know its kind of been said before, so sorry, BUT. I think it is a shame that so many folk feel the need to sign in as a guest rather than through their membership -why? and be able to read everything - whats the advantage, other than stars, of joining.

I think it helps new folk to know how long people have been involved in the forum and to have an idea of the relationships/past ratings for replies both from people and threads. For example, FW. Although it becomes clear how experienced she is (and how appreciative so many of us are about her thoughts/replies) and involved in the forum through the good wishes for her recovery, there should be a way of recognising this other than when someone is poorly. Sadly I spotted, through a search engine how someone had a go at D&J as a newbie and did not seem to appear again. how about some things members only with a taster for others so that they 'come out'?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 07:35:35 pm »
Sadly I spotted, through a search engine how someone had a go at D&J as a newbie and did not seem to appear again. how about some things members only with a taster for others so that they 'come out'?
It would have been a good idea for that person to explain why they were getting at me since I did not know that I have any enemies  :'(
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 05:15:27 pm »
Dan, couldn't find a place to put this, but my query is: is there some way we can mark a post as 'permanently read' so that it doesn't come up in the 'show new replies to your posts' section? If we click as 'read' the topic will come up again the next time someone posts.
 ???

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2011, 06:03:46 pm »
On the new forum, yes, there will be an 'ignore thread' option which will prevent it from showing in your unread posts, even if new posts have been made to it.

Coming soon, honest! Just haven't had the time to spend on it recently.  :(

Bright Raven

• Joined May 2010
  • North Shropshire
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 10:13:09 pm »
You are doing a great job Dan, I really enjoy using TAS. Thanks for making improvements and working on its usability. Much appreciated. xx :-*xx
Julia xxx 3 acres and a day job!!!! Chickens, Turkeys, Sheep, Pigs, Veggies and Homebrew. Husband, son, pets, chutney and music.
If I am here it's because I am putting my feet up!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS