Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What would you invent that would help you????  (Read 4559 times)

Sandy

What would you invent that would help you????
« on: March 12, 2011, 09:19:26 pm »
I went out for a walk and thought about the history of where we were walking and also met an historian, I then wondered if there were many artifacts in the forest and thought how good it would be to have a metal detector....so, being something that may cause trouble, why cannot some one invent a pair of shoes with metal detectors in the soles that send out signals to either a p hone or ear phones!!!1 how great for finding lost keys in the dark!! What would others invent??????

HappyHippy

Re: What would you invent that would help you????
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 09:53:45 pm »
A device which would make my OH do as I tell him  ::) ;D

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 09:55:08 pm »
a time machine so i can hurry up and get where life is taking me so slowly!!!

Sandy

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 09:55:40 pm »
 ;D Live life in the fast lane and you get to your destination sooner, relax and enjoy each part of the journey  ;) Phew, thats deep for me on a Saturdy night after a bottle of wine ;)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 01:16:55 pm »
something that would have told me when I was young to make the most of my life, enjoy my children, not to work so hard and be as happy as possible. :)

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 01:36:14 pm »
Either "something" to do all the hard work for me and let me enjoy the bits I can do myself - I think it's called money but I can't seem to remember ::) ;) 

Or "someone" to (ditto above) - I think the best model would probably be a fit healthy and physical work-oriented man ;D but again I've lost my memory of how to acquire one without either money or the body of an 18yo model ::)

Oh I know, just as unimaginable as the first two ::) but how about a nice sliding roof for my entire 10 acre property like they have at Wimbledon etc to slide over when the weather isn't nice and keep my land, stock and head dry unless I actually want the grass/veg/trees watered ;D  With equally effective full height windbreak barriers that came down like a shutter on any side where excess wind was blowing, or indeed where people were impeding my enjoyment of my property ;D  I guess an estate wall kind of thing would do as I could grow fruit up the inside and make it a very large walled garden/field and just pull the lid over to the extent I fancied at any time :)
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 01:38:14 pm »
I guess an estate wall kind of thing would do as I could grow fruit up the inside and make it a very large walled garden/field and just pull the lid over to the extent I fancied at any time :)
Now THAT is a brilliant idea!  Any engineers out there that could make this happen?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sandy

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 01:55:26 pm »
THink they did that in Cornwall with the Edan Project!!! You could always move in there!!!!!!! Funny how you need to live for a while before you know what you want, or what you like!!!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 04:42:34 pm »
Can they take the roof of the Eden project off and on electronically?  That IS clever.  Never been there - too far away.  Not sure I know what I want in life yet and I'm older than you  ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 04:46:09 pm »
the roof doesn't come off but the venting is all automatic so panels in the sides and top open as required to regulate the temperature.

its very impressive.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 05:35:32 pm »
When I look at a centuries old oak tree, I wish there was a device that would take me back in time to when that tree was an acorn---just for a few hours.
And if someone could find a way of doing a complete hip and spine transplant my happiness would be complete!! ;D

Sandy

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 05:42:14 pm »
Sylvia , sounds like we share a problem, that made me remember my wish for those trousers out of Wallace and Gromit, mind you, i would want them to look a bit more flattering but if you had speed settings  you could get places really quickly!!

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011, 07:50:49 pm »
a car that runs on rubbish, a politician that tell the truth, real money tree, a fair tax system

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 11:15:41 am »
Wellington boots that NEVER leak, and which enable one to walk on top of the stickiest, deepest mud without sinking.

pikilily

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Do what you enjoy; And enjoy what you do!!
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 11:19:45 am »
a lawn mover that runs on grass cuttings....then we could have grass that grows all year round and it wouldnt matter.
ET
If you don't have a dream; how you gonna have a dream come true?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS