Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Shearer wanted in Shropshire  (Read 5356 times)

wellies

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shrewsbury
    • Fairfax Ryeland Flock
    • Facebook
Shearer wanted in Shropshire
« on: March 17, 2011, 08:09:41 pm »
Hi, I have 5 Ryeland sheep and was wondering if anyone knew of someone who would come out and shear them when it gets warmer. I live in Shropshire, any contacts greatly appreciated

SingingShearer

• Joined Mar 2010
  • South Yorkshire
    • Singing Shearer
Re: Shearer wanted in Shropshire
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 09:22:53 pm »
Hi Wellies,

I will be coming down that way sometime in the season as I have jobs near Much Wenlock, if I can be of any help then please let me know.

Thanks,
Philip :sheep:

Elissian

• Joined Oct 2009
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 09:45:32 pm »
I don't suppose you make it into wiltshire do you? I'm between salisbury and southampton and i only have 2 that need shearing as we mostly have wilts horns. It takes us an hour per sheep,so an expert would be most handy. they are pets so stand to be sheared, before you think they will have passed out being an hour on their backs!
Thanks for reading, Helen

SingingShearer

• Joined Mar 2010
  • South Yorkshire
    • Singing Shearer
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 10:17:54 pm »
I don't suppose you make it into wiltshire do you?
I haven't done yet but I have some jobs in Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire so it's quite possible I will make it one day ;D.

I will have to see if I get more enquiries from in your area to make up a full day.

Thanks,
Philip :sheep:

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 05:04:47 am »
I have a friend that comes to stay some weekends and her husband shears my Ryelands he is looking for some work on his way over and around my area which probably would be perfect elissian as he comes over from west Sussex to Somerset he is really good with the sheep and very knowledgeable if you need advice. He then travels down to Devon to help a friend shear quiet a large flock

wellies

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shrewsbury
    • Fairfax Ryeland Flock
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 09:12:16 am »
Hi Philip,
When are you coming over this way during the season? The Ryelands have seriously thick coats and I don't want to leave them until it is too hot so could I book you early in the season??? The only other thing is we don't have electricity at the stables but if this is a problem I could move the sheep 400m up the road to our garage for shearing? Could you also send me a messgae with your charges for shearing the five girls? Thank you again  ;D

SingingShearer

• Joined Mar 2010
  • South Yorkshire
    • Singing Shearer
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 09:15:16 am »
I will send you a message.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS