Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Presents for Dad's  (Read 8179 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Presents for Dad's
« on: February 22, 2011, 03:50:16 pm »
I know slightly bizarre topic but...

The PTA at our school run a little shop before xmas, mothers day and fathers day.  Each child can go to the shop on one of the 3 days its open and buy small gifts for their parents. We all get a letter telling us when it will be so we can make sure we give the children some small change to buy bits. Its normally a choice of £1 £2 or £3 per gift.

For the mothers day stall I've been asked to make 75 bath bomb cupcakes which I am doing (banana or blueberry!) but they were saying that for fathers day its always a struggle to know what to buy in. in the past its been ties, chocolate, pens - that kind of thing.
But what would you (espeically the daddy's) like to see? Obviously its the thought that counts and the fact that the little ones go in and buy the gifts which is then wrapped for them before they bring it home, but just looking for suggestions to pass on really  :)
thank you  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Sandy

Re: Presents for Dad's
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 03:58:40 pm »
What a sweet idea!! I asked my husband what men like and he could not think of anything cheap enough, (or clean enough!!)but, he loves nice smelly soap too, shower gel, most men love food stuff and chocolate and pringles!!!! biros, note pad, big pencil, tape measure  ::)????? OK, so men are hard unless they have a hobby....I shall be interested in reading what men like thats cheap enough!!!!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 04:17:58 pm by Sandy »

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 04:01:43 pm »
there very own tv remote  :wave:

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 04:16:52 pm »
Beer?  ;D
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

silver swan

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Scotland
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 04:44:57 pm »
Packet of seeds?  :peas: :brocolli: :carrot: :cucumber:

Sandy

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 04:53:32 pm »
See, it's the women who come up with sensible stuff   ;)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 04:56:33 pm »
 ;D  always the way!!  although i do think beer would be a real winner if it didn't mean selling it to 4-10 year olds!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

HappyHippy

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 05:33:13 pm »
I second the tape measure idea - my OH's always losing his  ::)
Key rings with photo display bits, sunglass cases, hmmmmm will give it more thought lol!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 06:32:28 pm »
Plumseverywhere.... you could stock it singlehanded with Plum wine, jams, chutneys and manly soap!
sandlewood, spice, gardeners type soaps etc.

little things for the garden, hand tools, posh labels, mugs, windup radio tuned to 5 live!

I'm not going to ask my o/h - when I asked on behalf of his Auntie what he'd like for his Birthday next week he said  "a Range Rover!" ....no help at all !
Little Blue

BlueDaisy

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Grow your own - veg and chooks!
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 06:47:28 pm »
I have a friend who makes Harris Tweed handbags.
For the 'male gift' market she makes dog-poo bag holders (tiny purse with clip for attaching to dog collar) and mobile phone covers.
Hers are too expensive for your needs as they are Harris Tweed but if you're handy with a sewing machine and you've got some spare manly fabric???....

Sandy

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 06:59:41 pm »
See, again only advice from women!!!!! I am going to ask one of our male guests in a mo, we will see if he comes up with something sensible!!   Men ::)

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 07:07:18 pm »
do bath bombs come in beer scent?

or chocolate?

tape measures are good i have 5 i could currently maybe tell you where 2 are!!! I can even lose a day glo orange one!!!

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 07:08:03 pm »
mine gets chocolate at every occasion but it has to be black! He's fine with that, by the way, hides them away from us and doesn't even share !! This is the man who loudly proclaims that he does not eat sweets  ::) :&>

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 07:12:08 pm »
Some brilliant ideas - thank you  :)

I could do chocolate or beer bath bombs! my other half likes tea tree bath salts made for him but I'm not sure how many dad's like bath salts these days?

Sandy

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 07:17:36 pm »
A pen!!!!!! so some men will say something sensible!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS