Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from TAS  (Read 5946 times)

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
Hello from TAS
« on: October 21, 2007, 09:00:05 pm »
Hello everyone, I'm Dan, I was responsible for starting this accidental smallholder nonsense some years ago.  ::)

My wife Rosemary and I live on a (very) smallholding of one acre in central Scotland. We keep hens for eggs, breed cockerels for the pot, fatten weaners for the freezer and recently took on three Ryeland ewe lambs to start breeding sheep, some for meat some for show. We grow lots of fruit and veg and try to keep our domestics in check too : highland pony, two border collies, & two cats.

Thanks to Jan for suggesting this board, it's a great way to break the ice and welcome newcomers.

Wanda L. Wood

• Joined Oct 2007
  • United States
Re: Hello from TAS
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 03:24:52 am »
Hi Dan;
Hats off to you and Rosemary for taking time out  of your busy schedules to give people like me a real insight into how a Scottish Smallhoding operates. I am truly addicted!! Keep up the wonderful work!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 09:11:09 am »
Hi, Wanda

Great to see you (if not literally) on the forums.

Rosemary

Pebbles

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Central Scotland
    • Ardunan Farm
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 09:10:36 pm »
Addictive is just how to describe it - I'm checking in several times a day in case I miss anything!  :D

Well done Dan & Rosemary, you really are bringing together a great bunch of like minded people.

Thank you,

Pebbles

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS