Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: My new babies!!  (Read 2264 times)

Eggs, Chicks & Hens

• Joined Feb 2011
My new babies!!
« on: February 19, 2011, 03:01:06 pm »
 :love: Here is a pic of my 1st incubator hatch. They are RIR crossed with Warrens, ALL girls I hope LOL

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
Re: My new babies!!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 03:18:52 pm »
oh they are so sweet, definately give you a feeling spring is on the way  :wave:

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 09:17:44 pm »
Ahhh, how cute.  :) 

meebh

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 10:06:12 pm »
woohooo spring is in the air absolutely gorgeous,

our incubator is on day 14 with 18 out of 25 eggs doing brilliantly!!!  We are amazed as we can candle when we want rather than when the broody will let us so seeing so much more of what goes on inside the shell.  So next Saturday night that will be our entertainment as we await our hatch.    :wave:

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 05:15:19 pm »
Just too cold to even think about hatching at the moment but nice to see some new life  :chook:

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 07:52:22 pm »
same story here, really want to start incubationg but too cold, and the power is unpredicatable just now.

meebh

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 09:28:26 pm »
like your comment about the power being unpredictable Cameron. 

We have tropical fish and our son needs assisted breathing overnight so when we have a power cut it is fun to say the least......I now have visions of me with a duvet on the fish tank, trying to keep my son awake AND filling hot water bottles from a pot on the stove to keep chicks cosy  ;D

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 10:06:28 pm »
last year we had a power cut during a sudden storm, i had  eggs in the incy, and 25chicks in the brooder, keeping all that lot warm was a fun job! thankfully the eggs all hatched just 3 days late.

defiantly waiting till mid march this year before setting any eggs, unless i have a broody hen

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS