Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Urgent help needed  (Read 8941 times)

morri2

• Joined Jun 2008
Re: Urgent help needed
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 12:19:05 pm »
Sounds like you're doing a good job - like Rosemary says, they certainly sound lively enough , which is a very good sign.   Hope all goes well.  I'll keep checking the site for progress!! :wave:

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2011, 06:15:29 pm »
Lambs are now 2 days old and doing well. The ewe has just got milk today but as we thought she has rejected the lambs so tomorrow I'm going to pop her in an adopter and try to see if the lambs are big enough to feed. As they are so tiny they may have problems reaching the teats but we can but try. To bring it into perspective the lambs are the same size as my slipper and as I speak they are waking for a feed but I will keep you all updated on there progress

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 06:31:25 pm »
I think you're right to persevere and try to get mum to milk and feed her lambs. Better for her, the lambs and you.

Is she a first time lamber?

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2011, 06:32:22 pm »
good luck keeping everything crossed for them  :wave:

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 06:56:58 pm »
Yes she is a first time lamber she is 2 year old now and we took her and her sister out last season as Ryelands are quite slow growing. I am really unsure if these lambs will reach the teats but I will milk the ewe if that is the case until they are big enough. I really want them to have mums milk as they have come this far against all the odds and they are that small they really shouldn't have made it this far. It was good today to see them start and try to spring even if there legs got in the way and they landed on there little faces

Tilly

• Joined Jan 2011
  • "Possibilities and miracles mean the same thing"
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2011, 09:32:12 pm »

----Bless their little cotton socks!! :sheep: :sheep:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS