Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: coming of age!!!!!!!!  (Read 8920 times)

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
coming of age!!!!!!!!
« on: February 17, 2011, 09:49:10 am »
well teabag and coffee are now 5 months oldish, they have both developed, man bits!! so my boys are doing really well and have been a pleasure since the day they arrived,
Teabag the little black one has reached a very important stage in his life, yesterday he brought me a bird!!!!!!! it was still alive so as he brought it in the back door i let it go out of the front door, well this morning at 6am as i was making a brew in he strolled in with another bird, this time alas it was dead, he strutted round the kitchen with it yowling then left it on the rug and went and had his tuna breakfast,
His brother coffee, is more of a house cat he is quiet happy stretching his legs with a stroll round the garden, he goes and checks the hens, then spends the day watching the world from the warmth of the house on his favorite windowsill.

I cant help but feel sorry for the little birds, its a down side of cats i wish there was a way you could just train them to catch yukky things like rats!!!!

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
Re: coming of age!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 11:02:32 am »
Any chance of pics?  Isn't it funny how they have such different personalities.  :)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 12:43:37 pm »
Aw bless! love the names!!
we had a sparrow yesterday, very dead (I think our old man cat, Toby, had found it dead but brought it in to show us and 'pretend' he'd come out of retirement!)
its a shame when its birds but I can't think of ways to keep them ratting but stop the birds being killed  :-\  didn't help that my 4 year old made a bird feeder at nursery, insisted on hanging it for the wild birds and the whole time I was thinking its like luring them to their death.. 
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 05:55:14 pm »
Frankie brought me a bird today ... it was the quail that had escape 10 minutes earlier that I couldnt catch!
he went off after it (her) so I thought that'd be the last of her, anyway Frank came trotting round with this poor bird dangling from his jaws by its head!!

I removed her and took her inside for a squirt of antiseptic & a soothing rest - she seems ok so is back with the others to tell them of her ordeal and hopefully dissuade them from ever flying off!
Little Blue

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 06:54:10 pm »
oh bless the little quail, i bet she had a scare, like you say hopefully word might get round not to try that again,  :wave:

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 03:59:15 pm »
Cinderhills, pictures of our two boys, teabag and coffee  ::) ;D :wave:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 06:56:14 pm »
beauties, both!
Little Blue

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 08:59:28 pm »
Thank you, they are both very sweet natured, teabag is turning out to be the clued up one, i watch him going round his patch every morning, and he is turning into the hunter,
coffee is a house cat, loves his cuddles and sleep.

They both come walking with the dogs, im getting a name for myself in the local area, ::), "oh your the lady that walks her dogs and cats" ??? ;D, that is enough exercise for coffee, he sleeps the rest of the time ::).

Love them to bits,  :) :wave:

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 09:59:14 pm »
Oh they are soooo cute!  Coffee looks like he just lurves sleep, and surely Teabag looks too tiny to catch a bird.  :D

Thanks for posting them.

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 10:21:03 pm »
At the week end teabag brought me his first mouse  :o, very proud of it he was  ::), coffee is just up to bringing leaves in for me ??? ::)

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 10:23:07 pm »
coffee is just up to bringing leaves in for me ??? ::)

That made me chuckle. :D What a sweetheart, I bet he was so proud.

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 02:21:52 pm »
My youngest is just past 6 months now and brought her first bird in the cathole yesterday - she was utterly stunned to be shouted at for the first time in her life and made to carry it back outside to defeather and eat ::)  She was so unbelieving of my ingratitude that she tried 3 times to be sure I hadn't made a mistake ;)

She and her mum and aunty were all spayed at the end of January and are just getting thin coats back on the bald bits - she's grown so fast she's nearly the size of her older sister (coming up a year) so once they're in full coat I'll only be able to tell them apart when facing head on as Velvet has a tiny white splash on her chest..

Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 05:44:01 pm »
One of our boys has just discovered young rabbits we have had 3 in as many days. The eats the heads leaving the ears and bodies. His brother is more of a house cat
Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 05:56:24 pm »
Oh dear.  :(  He looks a bit cross in that photo.  However he also looks incredibly soft.  :)

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 11:44:00 pm »
Teabag and coffee are going for the snip tomorrow( dressed) oh the noise we have had this evening as they cant eat for 6pm the poor little mights are starving,(never fed)  ::)
they have just decided to go to bed and sulk,  ::)

i love your photo Eastling very bonnie,  :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS