Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: sad news  (Read 12200 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Re: sad news
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 11:04:26 am »
How sad for you and the poor cat  :(

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 11:30:57 am »
Thinking of you {{{hugs}}}
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 07:44:22 pm »
just an update - the infection round the tumour seems to have cleared up, and the vet has reduced her Metacam (painkiller) by a whole 1ml

She is very, very thin & still cannot swallow soft food. she's never been into eg chicken (I know, weird!) so is having a few kitten biscuits & the gravy from Gourmet.
but she is just as affectionate as ever, and goes out in the sun & sleeps in when it rains, just as she always has done!

We know we wont have her around much longer, but she seems happy enough

thanks for all your kind comments  :)
Little Blue

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 08:18:14 pm »
The poor love.  Enjoy every minute with her.

And that not liking chicken thing is so very odd!!  Never heard that before.  :)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 08:20:39 pm »
she LOVES fish, but has been unable to eat her weekly fish skin for about 3 weeks now.
but has never, ever been fussed about meat....

... unlike my 4 here who will climb in the fridge, or sit watching the oven door just in case the meat escapes!!
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 11:31:29 pm »
I tend to keep my animals until they are old and wonky .......I do feel for you, and the cat,too, as this sounds awful. I find the older cats struggle with eating sometimes, and I try to mince their food, and some of them can eat  it much better.  Funny enough they seem able to cope better with biscuits than the tinned meat

I look after my neighbours cat while they are away.  It must be nearly 20, and unfortunately recently has developed all sorts of ailments. Thyroid gland problem, liver problem, etc. etc.  Went as thin as a rake, and when they took Poppy to the vet, I honestly thought that was it.  But, back she came, and after a course of tablets, she has perked up, and looks lots better.  Am looking after her for a fortnight now, so hope she does not die on me.  There other cat who was old, took a bad turn and I had to take her and have her pts while they were away!!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2011, 09:33:58 pm »
Just to let you know little Friday died today
 She was asleep in the garden, sunbathing. 

My Dad has been carrying her down the steps & back to the garden for a while - she was insistent on being out, but its a long way!

Sleep well little Girl Friday, you are loved and will be missed.
Little Blue

HappyHippy

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2011, 09:39:05 pm »
Oh Ruth, I'm so sorry  :'( But at least you know she went peacefully, without pain or fear and in her own surroundings.
Big hugs and much love from me
Karen x  :-*:-* x

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2011, 10:50:49 pm »
So sorry Ruth .....but  I am sure you will agree that its a nice way to go for Friday........ sendng you lots of hugs x

McRennet

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2011, 11:37:02 pm »
Oh I am so sorry, you've got me in tears. As I was reading it I couldn't help but think, 'what a lovely way to go, sunbathing in her own garden'
I wish I could make it better, but annoying as it sounds, time really is a good healer.

Sending big hugs,

McR xxx :'(

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2011, 07:43:56 am »
only just seen the post...
hugs being sent over the hill
 :bouquet:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2011, 01:14:17 pm »
Thanks Karen, Roxy, McR, Mandy ... hugs much appreciated.
Definitely the best way to go.

My parents say they do not want another cat ... til at least after their holidays!
:) 
Little Blue

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2011, 03:54:19 pm »
Peaceful, warm and surrounded by people who loved her  :)  A lovely way to go but still sad for you and your family, I know x sending you all lots of love xx
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

robate55

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Suffolk
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2011, 07:15:10 pm »
So sorry to hear your news. Sadly we also lost a cat yesterday. He was nearly 14 & had been ill for only a couple of days. It doesn't matter whether you are expecting it or not, or how old they are its always awful - so feeling for you
Rose

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2011, 07:34:07 pm »
thanks too, Lisa & Rose
:)
Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS