Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A farmers life for me! New tv programme  (Read 53345 times)

farmer-mike

• Joined Feb 2011
Re: A farmers life for me! New tv programme
« Reply #150 on: February 23, 2011, 09:27:02 pm »

I'd seriously consider emigrating if I could afford to transport my animals as well ;)

But the problem with France, for me, is the level of French I (don't) have ::) and I couldn't go to an expat community in Ibiza or somewhere :o  Canada would be fab but cost of exporting animals there isn't a starter ::)

you may be surprised how little it costs to export livestock to france .

Sandy

« Reply #151 on: February 23, 2011, 09:44:05 pm »
Just make um all into sausages and start again!! I would be happy for us to know the date we humans become sausages but thats a no no!!

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2011, 07:37:56 am »
The stock I'd take would be highland ponies - not sausage material here but they might be over there I suppose ;)
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2011, 08:17:33 am »
From the other side of the french blanket so to speak - huge cotizations (social charges) every year payable to MSA disregarding of whether you made a profit or a loss. My household taxes are nearer 1,000 per year for 11 acres and a  house.   Not everyone (well no one I know) is eligible for subsidies, and I am struggling very, very h ard.  I get a lot of advice from the DVMS and the Dept. Agriculture but no money.  I love it here, as long as I am able I shall stay, but please be aware that a lot of farmers both french and expats are going down the drain here too.

On the other hand its a wonderful place to live.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS