Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wrong information in job advert has p'ed me off!!!!!!  (Read 4801 times)

Sandy

Wrong information in job advert has p'ed me off!!!!!!
« on: February 23, 2011, 12:37:07 pm »
Don't expect any replies but just to let off steam a bit. I applied for a job with Falkirk council and although I doubted an interview, although unless you apply you never know, so, I put my all into the application and it took the greater part of my free time over a weekend and some nights during the week, sent it off only to receive an E Mail to inform me that they omitted to say that the job was irregular and only sometimes as much as 8 hrs a week!!!!!!!! So, thanks for wasting my time!! I co uld have been on here  ;) ;)

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
Re: Wrong information in job advert has p'ed me off!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 12:59:55 pm »
its good to let off steam  :wave:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 06:04:48 pm »
oh pants, that's not good for you  :-\  it is good for us though as it means we get to spend more time chatting with you  :)
anyway, there might be something better just round the corner
Lisa x
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 06:08:02 pm »
Sounds pretty inefficient on their part - not somewhere you'd want to be every day anyway ;)

Better off spending your time with us :)
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Sandy

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 06:16:24 pm »
 ::) Thanks, back to the drawing board!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 11:05:40 pm »
You don't need their flipping job anyway with your new project!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sandy

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 09:25:47 am »
It was an application for Steve, he finds any excuse to put off filling in forms, I hate doing that too. I had to extract all the information from him over the frew days although he has his CV on the comp, then to be told its only 8 hours occasionaly, I felt that I had slogged hard and had rows with Steve when we both could have been applying for other jobs!!!!! It was a youth work post but you can get full time ones but I bet now they will all be at risk anyway, Iheard that a lot of youth services will be closed down!"!! No benifits for Steve either if hes out of work, he had not paid enough N1. we both cannot understand that one as he has never claimed dole etc and worked so not sure whats going on!!!!!!!!! Too old to emigrage and too poor  :(

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 11:50:38 am »
Not being eligible for benefits is a pain but also keeps you free of their pressure ::)

When I was made redundant I could have signed straight on but because I got a payment and didn't want another day job at that time I opted to try self employment and declared as such to HMRC..  Just before the weather put paid to everything I had lined up after the first couple of months ::)  Apparently now I'm no longer eligible for the kind of benefits I would have if I had just been made redundant, only for someone who's "failed" at self employment - no idea what the things are called now but instead of unemployment benefit I'd get supplementary benefit or income support using old terms from my last experience of the system in the late 80s!  That would increase my weekly earnings from £10-40 a week to something around £60 I believe, but for £20 I'd be expected to fill in hundreds of applications for jobs I don't want and grovel for each tenner so I will stick with what I'm doing for now and hope ponies start selling, veg/fruit start growing, and maybe I learn enough from Jimmy Doherty TV to make my fortune out of every half acre of my 10 acre holding ;D

Or write a book about the experience and sell film rights perhaps ;D

More likely I'll just muddle on and try and enjoy what I'm doing without the hassle of the pressure to conform..  in fact I think I have probably actually retired already to all intents and purposes ;)  What's scarily eerie is that I seem to be living the same life as my mother did - bits of her being an impoverished ministers' wife in the postwar economy living off the land and making do, plus bits after he died where she lived off a partial widow's pension due to his dying at 54 with insufficient contributions for her to get a full one - but she managed and enjoyed a reasonably cheap but cheerful lifestyle for another 30 years so fingers crossed ;D

Hope Steve gets something decent soon Sandy, but don't let the stress get to you meantime :)
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Sandy

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 12:47:41 pm »
Thanks for that, Steve is working just now but he has a bad knee and was moaning about it!!! He needs to keep applying for suitable jobs anyway and he gets me angry as (1) I think he undersells himself and (2) his Dyslexia makes form filling that extra bit difficult and some jobs scare him off too but in my experience, when your doing a job it is not as  bad as you thought! (3) He is deluded that he will get a job without trying (4) He thinks he's the only person that suffers with a bad knee, I was born with a dislocated hip and was in loads of pain until I had it sorted when I reached 50, now no pain from it but other re procussions.  I could do more work but have a dodgy back, Arthritis of my Lumber spine and its also twisted so sudden movement in the wrong direction can make my legs go weak and I have to sit down then and there.....I can work from home as I can do bits and stop but def not care work or standing or sitting for long periods  ::) The pair of us have problems but as I said to my hubby, there are so many others in the same or worse boat, my granddad had a pit accident and still worked until his 70's, I am sure he was in loads of pain too!!!

Anyway, no more ranting for me, off to do all the jobs I should be doing, ONE of our dogs escaped upstairs when I was in the garage and weeeeeeee'd outside one of our guests rooms, it was very impressive as it looked like the shape of an Egle with wings outstretched, luckily the guest has been with us for 2 years and saw the funny side!!!!!!! and while I was in the garage last night, guess who was suppose to be monitoring where the dogs were???? ::) ::)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS