Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: where to buy ingedients for hand creams, lip balms, etc  (Read 4948 times)

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
where to buy ingedients for hand creams, lip balms, etc
« on: January 20, 2011, 09:57:18 pm »
In my attempts to keep myself busy these dark evenings (and away from the biscuit tin), I thought I'd start making some of these for family and friends.

I have a book with recipes but I'm wondering if anyone can give me suggestions as to where to buy the ingredients on line please?

Many thanks

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: where to buy ingedients for hand creams, lip balms, etc
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 12:06:55 pm »
Hello :0)

if you go to www.bathbomb.biz then you can find lots of starter kits and ingredients for sale. the lady who runs it is lovely and very helpful.  THere is also www.soaposh.co.uk - very quick service (I buy my coconut oil from Carol and its usually here in 2 days)
have a look on ebay too, there's always someone who's started a new hobby/ business but wants to sell up their stock at good prices.

I make lipbalms and BBBiz were brilliant when I started  :)

LIsa x
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

silver swan

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Scotland
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 05:59:22 pm »
The best company I know of is Aromantics (www.aromantic.co.uk), based in Forres, Scotland. They sell EVERYTHING!!!  Kits and individual ingredients. Their stock list is huge and delivery is fast and efficient. Maybe not the cheapest but high quality stuff. I highly recommend them.

Happy blending.   

lazybee

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 06:11:25 pm »
Most pharmacies can get what you want. Try Boots

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 04:31:42 pm »
Can I ask what recipe book you're using? :)
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

ATF

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Fife
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 11:49:29 am »
I guess it depends what you need, I got bees wax and various oils from a shop on ebay
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/mysticmomentsuk/

I checked at the time and they were pretty cheaper, and stuff was great.

I made some great lip balm using homecomb as well as oil and beeswax - tasted great!

Aardvarker

• Joined Jan 2012
Making hand creams, shampoo, soap, bath foam, etc
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 12:43:50 am »
Has anyone recommendations for a Recipe book for such items, please?
Kind regards
 :farmer:'s  boy

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 08:36:50 am »
Fresholi website have a list of recipes that you can print off Aardvarker.
I have soap books but none for the other cosmetics, its all been a case of trial and error and forumulating recipes of my own that my cosmetic assessor deems passable!  but fresholi are very good  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Shnoowie

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Cornwall
    • Binty's Farm
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 02:37:59 pm »
I get my lipbalm recipes offline, and my bits and bobs from gracefruit. com.  I don't buy in the wax as we produce that ourselves :)

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
Re: Making hand creams, shampoo, soap, bath foam, etc
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 03:03:26 pm »
Has anyone recommendations for a Recipe book for such items, please?
Kind regards
 :farmer:'s  boy

HI Aardvarker - I've got a few books that I love - Aroma Remedies, by Chrissy Wildwood, Kitty Little's book of herbal Beauty (Hope thats right spelling I cant find it at the minute) and the James Wong 'Grow your own drugs' books.  Picked up the latter in a discount bookshop for a brill price (in the days when I lived near shops!!) and bought one of his others second hand off www.Greenmetropolis.com (a FAB website for buying and selling books).  Happy mixing!  My Fave ingreedient ever (I put it in nearly every skin thing now, whatever the recipe says!!) is Shea butter - it does wonders for everything!

Red

• Joined Mar 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 04:48:03 pm »
The Goodlife Press which is run as part of Homefarmer magazine have some really good books on this ... ive just lent one to a friend so cant remember the title  :thumbsup:
Red

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS