Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wellies  (Read 18652 times)

geebee

• Joined Aug 2010
  • N,E.Fife
Re: Wellies
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2011, 06:33:53 pm »
My Hunters served me very well for about 6 years, I practically lived in them, but when they finally split on the sole I couldn't afford more so went for a pair of Rhinegold , new, on E bay. That was mid Nov, I haven't worn them that much as during all that cold & snow wore some Woof Wear long boots I got second hand on E bay. The Rhinegold wellies have now split, both, just where they crease as I bend my leg. Cost £15 + £5   P & P.  So you do get what you pay for!   Am waiting to hear if they will refund.  DON'T BUY RHINEGOLD WELLIES!    But my woof wear boots are great, cosy & waterproof.  Only downside is they feel a size too big in the feet & an wear 2 pairs thick socks. Also soles feel a bit thin so the extra socks or an insole would be best. Also quite tight to get feet in through ankle area.  I would buy them again but would get new & try a smaller size.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2011, 01:09:21 pm »
I wore Huntress boots for years but they only lasted 3-6 months as I am in them all day and the rubber quality was consistently rubbish. Always split on the outside side where the crease is when you bend your foot.

Ive then bitten the bullet and bought neoprene lined Le Chameau boots, £95 but they have come thru a whole winter so far no probs and the rubber is way way higher quality. Whether made in EU or not I dont know but so far they have been well worth the money esp as they have the neoprene and so my toes stayed warm in -20. They are quite tough to get off tho as the neoprene surface hugs at your leg as you pull them off but they are great.

I wouldnt buy hunters again.

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2011, 06:08:34 am »
I had a pair of hunters first pair ever as their so expensive, although very narrow and tricky to get on they were extremely comfortable, after only 6 months small split cut and the water came in, now dont bother with expensive wellies and have gone back to rigger boots fur lined, these have come down in price to about £20 pair, nice and warm comfy  but wont last very long if your in water muck all the time.......... ::)

clumbaboy

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Gretna
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2011, 01:22:09 pm »
Hi all,
       Here is a link for BUCKLER buckbootz http://www.bucklerboots.com/index.php, they will give you a list of local dealers  :D :D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS