Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wellies  (Read 18654 times)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
Wellies
« on: January 13, 2011, 01:23:46 pm »
Does anyone know which Wellies are still made in Europe ? I know Dunlop are  and they would be fine for me but my daughter has a more attractive design in mind....Hunters are now made in China  :P -

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: Wellies
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 02:32:45 pm »
What about Muckboots? Good fit for me, but t be honest I have not checked if they are made here or in China. I am just glad I can get wellies that fit my feet and keep them warm too...

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 02:36:05 pm »
Does anyone know which Wellies are still made in Europe ? I know Dunlop are  and they would be fine for me but my daughter has a more attractive design in mind....Hunters are now made in China  :P -

Bought myself a pair of Hunters for Christmas over the internet, and if they did not have the name stamped all over them I would not have even thought they were by the same people they are so inferior to my last pair (which I stupidly ruined by digging in them >:( )

All the best
Sue
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 06:41:33 pm »
Aigle are supposed to be made in France. Expensive though.

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 06:49:43 pm »
le chameu wellies are made in france, i have a pair and they are the best pair i have ever had for summer, they get cold in winter, so i also have a pair of muck boots

drumronnie

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife,scotland
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 11:22:36 am »
Skee-Tex As worn by Sir Ranulph Fiennes, made in Essex. The warmest waterproof boots in the world £54.95 www.skee-tex.co.uk

Regards Ronnie...

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 11:38:56 am »
Muck boots for me too, eversuffering bought me a pair for last Xmas, they're well cosy and have seen me througyh last & this winter and probably a few more to come!
Mandy

Daisy-at-the-dairy

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 07:35:17 pm »
Bekina wellies are made in belgium I believe so that's a third thing for the country to be famous for, other than chocolate and Poirot.  Oh yes, and Tintin so that's four  :D. If people havn't tried them, they are excellent.  Comfy, warm and really easy to get on and off.  Designed to be worn all day and I do.  Very reasonably priced too when compared to the likes of Aigle and Hunter.  Downside is that they may not make it in the style stakes for daughter as they are plain and functional.  I bought mine from an outfit in Yorkshire, but I found them through Google so give it a go.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 08:59:23 pm »
Dunlop make great wellies, and a good price too ...

love my industrial steel toe capped wellies - cant even feel it when the goat stands on my feet!
Little Blue

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 09:08:25 pm »
Hunters are now made in China  :P -

i've bought one pair of hunters and i was very disappointed - they were obviously designed for super skinny people as i couldn't get my legs in them

i'm desperately seeking a good pair of waterproof, warm boots. I had some snow boots that ticked all the boxes, but they split along the seems after a few months.

Any suggestions on something warm, grippy and waterproof - most welcome!!

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 10:28:32 pm »
I've stuck with Hunters for years and spend many a long hour in my wellies, but i have to say that my current pair will probably be my last.  definately not made the way they used to be and dont last any time at all any more.

also have muckboots and think they are brilliant.  very warm, but definately not a fashion statement - cant imagine Hannah or Tara fancying them to be honest!

Daisy-at-the-dairy

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 10:07:29 pm »
Should anyone not blessed with matchstick legs want to buy Hunters (tho not sure why you would ;)), try looking for the "Huntress" style, which is wider in the leg and a little shorter. Never tried them myself but friends have been very pleased with them.  Not always stocked but they do exist so be persistent.

Sandy

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 12:15:05 pm »
Love my Mucks!!!!! comfy and very warm and been able to keep standing in all this ice due to the huge grips!!!

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 12:39:22 pm »

What about Barbour wellies?

I've also heard Hunter boots are not worth bothering with. Aigle might be worth a go though.

Muckers ok but only if the mud/water level no higher than top of foot, ankle deep and it's wet sock time!

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 02:15:55 pm »
still looking  ::)  I emailed every company where my daughter might like the boots about their country of production. Seems nobody cares about my business  >:( But I care as I had so many pairs myself which split after a few months that I am generally fed up...I like the the Barbour , Hoggs also have blue Balfours. I won some Joules Wellies last year which are quite stylish but don't seem too durable, more a festival boot, so I'm gentle with them  ;) I hope someone will reply with where their stuff actually comes from! Maybe I sould just buy myself a new pair as I'm not so choosy with design and pass the Joules on? :&>

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS