Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Grants in Scotland  (Read 4945 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Grants in Scotland
« on: January 12, 2011, 11:31:17 am »
Having recently moved to Dalmore, we have quite a lot of development work to do. Any smallholders in Scotland able to give any information on any grants or subsidies (I'm not proud, just hard-up) that we might be able to apply for?

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
Re: Grants in Scotland
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 11:36:13 am »
Only ones I know of are the Rural Development schemes and they're so complex to apply for that I have never bothered ::)

Hope someone else knows of something current - I did get a hedging grant from the FWAG at one point but they no longer exist sadly :(
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

princesspiggy

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 12:30:48 pm »
i think the way to go is talk to an advisor cos they will know properly. u will have to pay them but might be worth it longterm.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 05:11:03 pm »
I'm moving to Scotland...they're just giving it away! Ooops just tripped on some red tape! ::)

sheardale

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Dollar, Clacks, Scotland
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 05:51:37 pm »
Hello sausage and mash.  Nice to see someone from Co. Cavan on here.  I am one of the O'Reilly s from Bailieboro. I live in Central Region, Scotland.   Just wanted to say hello.
Cheers Helen

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 03:28:23 pm »
A big Hi from Cavan (i'm originally a Dub though  :-[ ) My wife is the genuine article though!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 07:47:54 pm »
Hello sausage and mash.  Nice to see someone from Co. Cavan on here.  I am one of the O'Reilly s from Bailieboro. I live in Central Region, Scotland.   Just wanted to say hello.
Cheers Helen

I thought I knew who you were (in real life). But I don't. I know a woman from Clackmannanshire who's name is Helen and I know she gets on TAS. I assumed you were she - then I got a PM from her and you're not. But then, you knew that. Funny old world. ::)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS