Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: club foot  (Read 3500 times)

princesspiggy

club foot
« on: December 16, 2010, 02:52:16 pm »
was talking to a feed merchant earlier in year and he said the tamworth he had for fattening had a club foot and was deformed. is this a common occurance?

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: club foot
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 03:08:56 pm »
Ove never before heard of a pig with a club foot.

robert waddell

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 03:27:29 pm »
you get the piglets deformed in the womb but they are usually dead still have to count them though thats the fecundity bit on the form a lot of breeders don't include them thats how litters are so small did it fatten and taste alright and was it birth notified or a dolly mixture

princesspiggy

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 04:02:08 pm »
it was pedigree but i presume not birth notified. he said hed never buy another tammie cos they dont grow quick enough!! i left highly offended, cos i was leaving to get my gilts from england next day. but im biased. just wondered if it was poor stock and therefore congenital, or just nature.

Eve

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 04:10:26 pm »
he said hed never buy another tammie cos they dont grow quick enough

You could have said "Size isn't everything" just to shut him up!  ;D

princesspiggy

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 04:31:39 pm »
lol   :o

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 04:56:23 pm »
There was a baby elephant with what looked like a club foot - but in the end it straightened itself up so not a genuine club foot.  We once had a kitten with a hoof instead of a foot, but it was DOA.  ever seen a pig with one that I remember.  Tamworths are wonderful so no wonder you were offended.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

robert waddell

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 05:23:00 pm »
i am offended as well          as to rate of growth it is up to him how much feed how often and what he did feed it surely when he bought it he would see its foot either that or he is one of those tossers that if he got it for nothing and cost nothing all its life he would still bump his gums

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 09:14:37 am »
I agree Tammies are wonderful pigs.  They grow well if properly fed.  So many people think they can live on fresh air and grass or worse scenario mud!!!

princesspiggy

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 07:39:14 pm »
well he owned the feed shop. and only stocked allen and page "weaner/sow nuts". very high in wheat. dont think weaners and sows have same requirements.(?) i only used 2 bags and really expensive and gave em the squits.   :pig:

robert waddell

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 07:44:03 pm »
you feed them to much or it was high in protein

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS