Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: word of advice  (Read 9948 times)

wonderpupp

• Joined Dec 2010
Re: word of advice
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 09:42:57 am »
Ah, I had a bacon sarnie on a plate - sat on the bench outside in the summer (ahh, miss those mornings)
and Nigel (dog) was sat so perfectly, then went to give paw. On the plate. Plate and sarnie down -  Bacon sarnie on muddy ground. Didn't fancy it after that. But i picked it up and put it away for a couple of hours before letting them eat it.
I think if I let them have it, they would figure out that's a good way of getting food.

happymanoftheworld

• Joined Dec 2010
    • Scottish Rare Breeds
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 06:08:30 pm »
My son was here on Sunday to help with some jobs.  We had a sandwich each and there were two halfs left over on the plate.  My big girl Hester is prone to snapping at the rescue puppy we are looking after at the moment so she had her muzzle on.  Would anyone like to tell me why the plate was empty when we came back through 5 minutes later and she was lying exactly where she was when we left and in exactly the same position - lolling on the big armchair, head lolling to one side, and front legs crossed, with a 'wasn't me, Mum' look about her ::)
I'd check out the tummy on the puppy..... or look for a hidden liquidiser and straw kit (most dags have 'em, we just never find them. If you are looking for born sneaky, clever-than-me-by-far thieves try ferrets! Absolutely unbelievable - and I am serious - they beat me every time and can get anywhere and move anything. I know you won't believe it but yesterday opened the bedroom door (magnet catch) BUT the door was locked by a pack of 12 winalot cans - you know, the packs from supermarkets...... amazed to see it had been pushed back a full six inches. >:(  - found ferret in bed, centre, on electric blanket under duvet :o.... mind you it is in a freezing caravan so I don't blame her! ;)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 06:30:56 pm »
I know it wasn't the puppy, he was with us.  Hester was left in the lounge thinking she couldn't snaffle the sandwiches, but you are right she must have a liquidiser and straw tucked in her beard! lol (She's a German Wirehaired Pointer, I don't breed them, just the Brittanys for 30 years)  I certainly won't be getting any ferrets, these beasts are bad enough! ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

princesspiggy

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 07:39:51 pm »
gwp are gorgeous, im sure she denied it  ::)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 11:10:17 pm »
Of course she did.  At 13 and a half there's no way she'll admit to ANYTHING! ;D  And she's always the first one out with the beach towel!  ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2010, 10:22:11 am »
When I was young living at home we had 2 labs that one night chewed through the plaster board wall into the WC and made the way into the kitchen and cleared the table of all the goodies mum had just baked for my sisters birthday party. Saying they were in the dog house was an under statement. Dad fixed the wall and put battleship lino on the bottom of the walls to stop them coming through again. But as they grew Sam learnt how to open the door to the kitchen, they came in and ate the chicken on the counter and then decided to have a play and put the fronts of 3 unit doors through. I was really nervous of ever having puppies myself but touch wood I have never had a problem pup or a chewer and the most that has happened with mine is my GSD now and again will steal a sweety from the bowl if I have forgot to put them back on the table

princesspiggy

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2010, 11:53:01 am »
my gsd can open doors too. but its our lhaso apso thats got the sweet tooth, just got to rustle the paper and hes there like a shot!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS