Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: word of advice  (Read 9949 times)

princesspiggy

word of advice
« on: December 14, 2010, 09:45:27 am »
never leave a bacon sarnie unattended - learnt the hard way   lol   >:(

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: word of advice
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 09:56:37 am »
 ;D ;D Been there, got the empty plate.

Sandy

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 10:51:34 am »
My two youngest Labs are nearly a year old and I cannot have anything unattended, they love toilet roll especialy  but made me mad when they insist on taking huge ice blocks into thier bed, they also took some coal that had been delivered, I told Steve not to leave it hanging around. Some years ago I set out a buffet, our pup Rottie cross, walked buy and helped themselves to a ham roll!!!

robert waddell

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 12:07:54 pm »
sandy can they now wipe their arse and did you not know  that is what lab,s are supposed to do well the ones on the telly do

princesspiggy

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 12:25:36 pm »
my choc lab ate 12+ pairs of wellies and shoes in his 1st 2 years! we still have to put our shoes on porch window-sill just incase. but the sarnie thief was our gsd, her tongue can reach table without her looking guilty. lol  :farmer:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 01:27:21 pm »
My first dog was a witch, according to my Mother - she 'magicked' a piece of liver meant for my Dad's tea, off the plate, which was in the middle of the kitchen table, off the table and into her mouth.  This was at a time of post war food shortages.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

robert waddell

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 01:58:34 pm »
many a dog got a beatting for that

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 02:08:22 pm »
Our 14 week old Lab has a tendancy to schnaffle anything that's not nailed down & can get into the kitchen bin without making a noise   :o

Caught her about an hr ago walking along the dining table looking pleased as punch with herself after scoffing MY lunch    :-\

robert waddell

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 02:15:14 pm »
something about sailing through the air springs to mind

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 02:18:58 pm »
Nah, only growled at her, but she knew she was in the wrong

She's still lying in her bed   :D

robert waddell

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 02:35:45 pm »
funny how dogs sense your anger ours try to hide when the shouting starts

lazybee

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 06:22:52 pm »
My English Bull terrier ate a 2kilo bag of frozen sardines. My lurcher ate The meat from three rabbits and three wood pigeons, I had just spent the last half hour taking off the bone. He also swiped a one pound block of cheddar straight out of the shopping bag (must be the pikey in him). My fox terrier ate a live grass snake, it was still moving down to the last inch. Don't you just luv 'em

happymanoftheworld

• Joined Dec 2010
    • Scottish Rare Breeds
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 07:04:33 pm »
Ha! When I was a kid Rob my springer cross stole the bacon out of the frying pan while we were camping at Lendlefoot. All gone whilst cooking. My dad had to leave us in the tent and walk about 6 miles and back to shop..... very pleased was he!

Even worse, our very recently late Dalmation Charlie (rescue of course) stole frozen salmon steak from worktop... not a trace.... a few weeks later a whole frozen Pizza AND box.... culminated in workmen's bacom and egg rolls - all THIRTEEN of them gone before they realised - rsult bloated and stomach pumped - £400!!!!!

When we lived in small town he always forced us to take his route on Saturday and Sunday mornings ---- he knew exactly where the tykes had thrown chip wrapper - and if he was lucky, after a fight with me, the chicken remains. Once he hit gold - a full pack of sandwiches inside THREE bags - ripping them open whilst running and eating at the same time - amazing feat!!!

Sandy

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 08:46:56 pm »
Labs are so prone to stealing food...I made some turkish delight once and had it on the table in the lounge, saw the guest off and came back to an empty plate with the Lab still in front of the fire with Turkish Delight on her wiskers!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2010, 09:54:42 pm »
My son was here on Sunday to help with some jobs.  We had a sandwich each and there were two halfs left over on the plate.  My big girl Hester is prone to snapping at the rescue puppy we are looking after at the moment so she had her muzzle on.  Would anyone like to tell me why the plate was empty when we came back through 5 minutes later and she was lying exactly where she was when we left and in exactly the same position - lolling on the big armchair, head lolling to one side, and front legs crossed, with a 'wasn't me, Mum' look about her ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS