Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 5556 times)

Tony J

• Joined Dec 2007
Hi everyone
« on: December 23, 2007, 10:40:18 am »
Well here's another one from Wales, in fact West Wales half way between Cardigan & Carmarthen. I've read the forum quite a lot over the past few months & thought it was time I joined. Left the rat race 4 years ago and haven't looked back once. We don't actually have a smallholding, just a large garden. Large enough for a pollytunnel, 2 glass houses, veg garden, between 30-40 hens (layers), & this year expanded with a couple of pigs (Tamworths). Started with 2, they left us for the sty in the sky in late Sept, and of our second pair one went for pork early Dec, the second (named bacon) goes mid Jan. Tamworths are great friendly, easy to handle and taste superb.   
I'm in the process of changing the veg garden to raised beds, or was until the ground froze, we had -9 a couple of days last week, and I've now got to go and try to dig some frozen in parsnips for Christmas dinner, anyone got any good ideas, the ground's been frozen for a week now!!
I wont bore you anymore, Seasons Greetings to you all
TonyJ 

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 12:03:37 pm »
Hello and seasons greetings.  For the frozen parsnips, send in the tamworth.  Perfect little JCPs.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 10:37:26 am »
Hi, Tony and welcome. Glad you've decided to join us.

Rosemary

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 08:35:36 pm »
Tamworths and parsnips - my idea of heaven!#

A warm welcome from Normandy.

Kate
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 08:53:29 pm »
hey and welcome  :)

Townie

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Fife
    • http://www.townie.wordpress.com
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 09:18:15 pm »
Hi and welcome from me too  :)

rustyme

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 09:27:24 pm »
Hello TonyJ,
               funny we should both be on this forum we are quite close to eachother . I live in Pontsian about 5 miles from Llandysul.  Good luck with the veg bed change over.

Russ

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS