Author Topic: bagots  (Read 6832 times)

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
Re: bagots
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 08:28:34 pm »
So pretty with the frost and not the feet of snow/sludge/dog poo/goat poo and ice etc we have here

PS Lovely Beasties
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

princesspiggy

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 08:34:29 am »
really gorgeous, do you ride/work her?

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2010, 12:26:13 pm »
  I ride Picasso and am up and down on Malada at present depennding on my confidence level :D

princesspiggy

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2010, 05:16:24 pm »
thats great. i presume the goats ate your trees?- lol. great picture, looks surreal.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 05:19:31 pm »
thats great, restored my confidence as i was having doubts. bagots here we come! x

HH, if you need any contacts or anything let me know... I don't have much regard for the Bagot goat society, but know some great people who keep them & have round the country contacts.
:)
Little Blue

princesspiggy

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 10:24:34 am »
well, iv had no response from the bagot goat society at all. seems like out of date website, one advert was placed 3 years ago - felt bit daft when i foned them up!! iv sourced some nannies, will need a billy for next year. apparently they need a license b4 eligible to breed? its good to get support as its a new breed to me, and all text if find says theyre pretty wild. (?)  wer wanting a few goats again and would like to support the rarer types, but knowledge is a great benefit!

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 12:19:05 pm »
I look at it this way.Every Farm Park I visit has Bagots,Pygmys and GG'S.....yet to see any with british ferels
 ;)

princesspiggy

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2010, 01:57:35 pm »
our old goats were gg and another xbreed. cant be that hard (famous last words!). no turning back now cos all agreed. thanx for all your comments. will let u kno when they arrive!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS