Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: sad weekend  (Read 6071 times)

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
sad weekend
« on: December 06, 2010, 06:30:36 pm »
Well the thaw looked like setting in on Friday but on Saturday the roof of the barn lean-to collapsed in onto an area where 2 ponies had access to a round bale :o  Fortunately both must have heard the cracking of the roof timbers and got out as both were unhurt, but the whole thing has caved in leaving just the poles and most of the gates intact, and of course without the leanto the main shed is now wide open and deep in snow ::)

Later that evening a driver stopped next door having run down one of my cats, needless to say it was Jack Sparrow, the one I felt closest to since losing Merlin last year :'(  He is in a bag in the garage because of course I can't dig a hole to bury him and I've no idea how to deal with that yet..

I then had a yearling catch himself up in a haik hanging over the field gate, so that's bent and they're eating hay off the ground from now on because I can't manage any more disasters :(

The new snowfall overnight and all morning has of course made the journey to the hill ponies (shortly to be evicted but I'm not sure how I can move them let alone where) even harder but I did slide the Disco there and back in under an hour today so it's better than this time last week I suppose, and I managed to get 2 troughs defrosted and refilling themselves yesterday tho they're frozen again now of course ::)  Hill has a burn in it so just the boys paddock which has a bath in to fill from the kitchen ::)

When is it going please?  I need to dig a wee cat size grave :'(
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Sandy

Re: sad weekend
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 06:42:57 pm »
So sad, so horrid, this snow is affecting us all in some way, the shops will not be doing a very good trade and it is usualy the time when they all make the most money!!! Are trade is affected as some men staying here cannot get back to do thier job, and the heating is on 24/7. Hope it goes back to just being cold!!!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 07:38:29 pm »
bless you Ellie, such a sad time for you.

It might sound awful but.... your lovely cat could, if well wrapped up, go in the freezer until the ground is thawed.
We had to hold a pet cremation once, during a harsh winter
Little Blue

morri2

• Joined Jun 2008
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 07:59:52 pm »
So sorry to hear your sad news.  I lost three cats in a year not so long ago, one of them I'd had since I had my first house, many years ago, she was so special.   I can remember burying each one of them and it was absolutely awful. :'(  Little Blue has made a good suggestion, but the way things are I don't think you'll need the freezer.  Its cold enough outside.

Really hope things improve for you.  I don't hold out much hope for improvement in the weather though. 

All the best.  :wave:

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 08:07:43 pm »
So sorry to hear about your sad events. I hope things start getting better soon. Soon as in now!

All the best,

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

bamford6

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 09:35:48 pm »
very  sorry i have 1 cat she is the onley person il share my meal with i like her more than some people

HappyHippy

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 11:47:31 pm »
Sending lots of virtual kisses and cuddles to you - things will get better soon  :-* :-* :-*
Karen x

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 11:23:12 am »
Oh I am so sorry. At least the man who ran over your cat had the decency to let you know. have a nice Christmas anyway if you can.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 02:06:52 pm »
What a shame - sorry to hear about your disasters   :bouquet:  Hope things pick up from now.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 04:43:29 pm »
Sorry to hear you have lost a cat,  :(

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 09:01:05 pm »
How sad for you. Winging positive vibes your way :)

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 07:07:31 pm »
I'm so sorry for the loss of your adorable cat.  :'(  But thankful for the lucky escape with your ponies.

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 11:29:42 am »
my thoughts are with you  :bouquet: :wave:

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 11:52:46 am »
what a year for you, Ellie, this is so sad. Our cat has not ventured out at all for 2 weeks, thank heavens... :&>

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 04:02:42 pm »
Oh Ellie how awful for you.  >:( Sending lots of hugs your way.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS