Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from North Norfolk - soon!  (Read 3684 times)

Tabbycat

• Joined Dec 2010
Re: Hello from North Norfolk - soon!
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 11:21:32 am »
Hi and welcome.  Please tell us what your not so sensible ideas are  they could be tomorrows cash crop ...

Thanks for the welcome!

As for a cash crop, though, LOL! At present the cash is all scheduled to go the other way - into fixing the roof, putting in new electricity, water, sewage, heating, just to name a few early priorities - so the struggle is really to convince my husband that the garden, orchard [which doesn't yet exist], bees [ditto] and so forth merit a bit of spending. Meanwhile our future neighbours in Blakeney have some beautiful rescue hens, which have made my son (6 years old) and me distinctly 'hen broody' - my son wants to create a pond - our neighbours want to borrow part of the pasture for sheep (note to self: must remember forgotten knitting skills) - while I want to explore my too-long-latent hippy tendencies by planting a wildflower meadow, the most obscure traditional species of fruit and nut trees I can find, ditto strange heritage vegetables galore - as well as replanting the climbing roses incredibly grubbed out by the vendor of the house when he was trying to sell it. After all that's done, we can get into the really strange stuff!

I have already learned such a lot from looking at previous discussions on this site, though - and it's great to know that there is a friendly place where I can ask questions next time I need a bit of help!

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
Re: Hello from North Norfolk - soon!
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 04:43:31 pm »

Hello and welcome from the Scottish Borders
Anne

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS