Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Battery powered lawnmower  (Read 6378 times)

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
Re: Battery powered lawnmower
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2022, 11:31:07 am »
Our little Einhell has arrived in two parts- the battery and charger from Germany and the mower from Spain. Makes sense because the same battery is used on their whole range of garden tools. The battery charged in the time specified of 75 minutes for the 18V 4.0Ah. Easy to assemble, first impressions are for €101 it's very well designed and constructed. My it is little- it has a carrying handle on top! The three cutting heights have to be set by turning it upside down and moving the axels. It isn't self drive, but having tested it on some longer grass, about 10cm with a cut height set of 5cm, it works well. See how it gets on with the job it was bought for, which was cutting the footpaths in the veg plot- too hot at the moment.

Richmond

• Joined Sep 2020
  • Norfolk
Re: Battery powered lawnmower
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2022, 04:46:14 pm »
We are still "testing" ours - we were given 30 days to decide whether or not we wanted it. If not we can return and be fully refunded.
So far so good. Lightweight and easy to use and even with our extensive "lawn" areas I can swap over the batteries to charge when one runs out and never be at a stage where I am waiting for one to finish recharging.
The only grouch atm is that it appears the side discharge chute kit is not available in the UK, which we were not made aware of when purchasing, although we have been offered a free mulching kit instead.
In all honesty it probably isn't going to last as long as our John Deere has, but hopefully will be with us for a fair while.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS