Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sausage stuffer from biltongbox.com  (Read 3035 times)

sarha

• Joined Jun 2010
  • East Sussex
Sausage stuffer from biltongbox.com
« on: November 25, 2010, 11:29:25 am »
I have been really indulgent and bought myself a sausage stuffer! As I plan on making quite a few, searched internet for best deal and found 6L stainless steel vertical stuffer + 4 stuffing tubes free next day delivery for £159.99 @ biltongbox.com. I thought that was a good deal! Its pretty sturdy and will last for years!
Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines; sail away from the safe harbour; catch the trade winds in your sails. -  Mark Twain

Eve

• Joined Jul 2010
Re: Sausage stuffer from biltongbox.com
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 05:48:44 pm »
Have you used it yet? And if so, do you need Popeye-esque forearms to be able to pump the meat through?
We use an electric one but it's a pain to clean...

Eve  :wave:

sarha

• Joined Jun 2010
  • East Sussex
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 07:34:29 am »
No haven't used it yet...but will be on Tues/Weds! :) Have always used the stuffing attachment on my old electric mincer but its stop/start and found I was getting lots of air bubbles and size was inconsistent. I'm borrowing my mums mincer ( some italian make I think? ) as it has an output of 180kg an hour and I really wanted a vertical stuffer. My Brother has an extremlely old and large vertical stuffer and when I have helped him make sausages, it has been fine and a lot easier to get an even sausage! Hope I dont end up with popeye muscles!! Will let you know how it goes :)
Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines; sail away from the safe harbour; catch the trade winds in your sails. -  Mark Twain

JDS

• Joined Nov 2010
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 02:05:56 pm »
If you find the meat difficult to stuff, you may consider adding some tap water to it. I have often had to do this when the meat is a bit stiff. The extra water will drip out when you hang it, causing no ill effects.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS