Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Unusual (?) Clause in Purchase Contract - Advice Needed Please  (Read 8629 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Unusual (?) Clause in Purchase Contract - Advice Needed Please
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2021, 12:04:40 pm »
Actually, although I am no longer a smallholder as such I still have a few hens and quail. My next door neighbours (I moved up here two years ago) called me a few months ago to say they'd seen a rat down on the roadside and was I aware chickens caused rats  :eyelashes:

I told them that my hens get their allocated food amount in the morning and that they snap it up pretty quick, that they are cleaned out regularly, and that their food bag is inside a metal bin inside my shed.  I also reminded them that in Scotland we're never more than a few feet from a rat, so it was unlikely to be specifically my hens that caused them to see a rat.  There are three farms at the  end of our road leading out of the village

They are however happy to receive eggs when my hens are laying.

They've been in their home, just outside the village, for about 40 years, so I tend to think it was a case of me being reminded I was the 'incomer'. 

So it's not always 'toonies/toonsers' who complain  :innocent:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forestlens

• Joined Jul 2020
  • North Devon
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2021, 12:12:31 pm »
Very disappointed for you [member=178404]Citrine[/member]. I understand your caution but I too suspect that this is a rather naïve precaution against complaints in the future from “incomers”. Either way it does underline the need to use a solicitor well versed in land transactions rather than one used to more straightforward conveyancing. I think your sellers were poorly advised too because it will put others off. I’d keep an eye on it as they may reconsider the clause.
It seems shortsighted to antagonise new neighbours before they have even moved in however we experienced such antagonism when we moved as our sellers retained some land and we were bracing ourselves for conflict as they did their best to make life difficult for us. Fortunately they have subsequently sold the land they retained so we no longer need to deal with them!

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2021, 06:08:15 pm »
[member=24672]harmony[/member] - SmallholdingForSale is not a new member (joined 2012).  Their 1st post as far as I'm aware was the thread advertising a 2 acre plot for £200k (which thread has now been deleted).  Thereafter they also deleted their plagiaristic post on this thread !  Not sure why ShFS chose to slide back into the shadows rather than answer the question about where they lived !

Why is ShFS not defending themself ?

And anyone paying £310k for 3ac of agri' land (even if poor and limited ) is just speculating hoping for development permission in the long term - they can obviously afford to wait or have in mind to go for the £2m lake-side designer home that Planners do let through if they have architectural merit (subject of course to the environmental assessments and any required mitigations).  At this rate there will be no room/hope for smallholders just like there are no affordable homes left for true country folk.  It will be a nation of "landed gentry" and their serfs and tenants.

No regrets here.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 06:57:05 pm by arobwk »

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2021, 09:58:29 pm »
Maybe ShFS doesn't feel very welcome hence their lack of replies [member=152775]arobwk[/member]?

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2021, 10:12:38 pm »
And perhaps ShFC forgot they were a member until they thought it would be a great idea to advertise 2ac for £200k on a smallholders' forum !!! We don't even know the land was theirs !  Does that not make you wonder ?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 10:16:22 pm by arobwk »

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2021, 07:59:41 am »
And perhaps ShFC forgot they were a member until they thought it would be a great idea to advertise 2ac for £200k on a smallholders' forum !!! We don't even know the land was theirs !  Does that not make you wonder ?

Make me wonder what?

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2021, 07:54:37 pm »
You are just being obtuse [member=24672]harmony[/member] - so over and out.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 07:56:55 pm by arobwk »

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2021, 10:38:23 pm »
You are just being obtuse [member=24672]harmony[/member] - so over and out.

Good job I got that dictionary for Christmas!  :roflanim:

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2021, 11:29:34 pm »
Actually, I was also unsure of what one was meant to wonder. :thinking:

I also had to look up obtuse in the dictionary. :idea:  It can mean slow to understand.

I also read somewhere that if someone doesn't understand what you have said it is because you haven't explained it properly.
Possibly it is of minimum importance anyway - so just saying. :innocent:
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2021, 09:39:25 am »
Actually, I was also unsure of what one was meant to wonder. :thinking:

I also had to look up obtuse in the dictionary. :idea:  It can mean slow to understand.

I also read somewhere that if someone doesn't understand what you have said it is because you haven't explained it properly.
Possibly it is of minimum importance anyway - so just saying. :innocent:

I felt so much better this morning when I read this and realised that perhaps arobwk had been obtuse in his posts and that had reflected poorly on my intelligence.  :relief:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2021, 12:50:54 pm »
I think we may have wandered somewhat off topic here. Enough now?
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS