Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lambing Bag/Box  (Read 1379 times)

Bramham Wiltshire Horns

• Joined Oct 2014
  • leeds
  • Bramham flock Wiltshire Horns
Lambing Bag/Box
« on: February 17, 2021, 02:26:06 pm »
Hi

i am looking for recomendations for a lambing bag/Box that is easy to carry around/put over shoulder, and keeps everything where you need it so with Pockets etc

i am after something big enough to put Tags/applicator, sprays, iodine ets and usually lambing stuff.

i have boxes and stuff but nothing ends up been where its supposed to be.

actually i just though maybe like a vets bag!

thanks in advance
follow on FB@BramhamWiltshireHorns

Ermingtrude

• Joined Mar 2017
Re: Lambing Bag/Box
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 02:53:07 pm »
I use a grooming box from Decathlon - ?15, has shelves for small stuff like bands, needles, tape, tags, ropes, gloves. Then a bigger interior for applicators, iodine, sprays, calcium, antibiotics, slip gel, drenches, lamb boost stuff. You can carry it by hand, attach a shoulder strap, and sit on it. Also tall enough to put diagonally in a corner, to shield a lamb while you kneel on it and work on the lamb. Plastic, so easy to wash, disinfect and reload at the end of the lambing season ( I have 6, my lambing season is short - if there was more, you can do it more frequently) and if you put it in water by accident, it doesn't matter.

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 05:45:30 pm »
I and many older shepherds lambing outside used a sheep feed bag folded down from the top to make it half the original height then turn the fold up so you have a bag with a rim 3 thickness'es ,make a hole in each corner ,string to suitable length and go . Last ages ,water proof ( can cut one side fold to flap over the open top ) and no loss if damaged

Bramham Wiltshire Horns

• Joined Oct 2014
  • leeds
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 09:56:22 am »
thanks all

i ended up buying a horse grooming box for 10 quid, fits everything i need in their 

cheers

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 09:21:30 pm »
A farmer near me used to have one of his wife's old handbags. He must have thought if she could get everything in it and the kitchen sink it would be grand for his lambing stuff!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 10:00:05 pm »
A farmer near me used to have one of his wife's old handbags. He must have thought if she could get everything in it and the kitchen sink it would be grand for his lambing stuff!

:roflanim: :roflanim:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Bramham Wiltshire Horns

• Joined Oct 2014
  • leeds
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 10:16:32 pm »
 :roflanim:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS