Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bird flu Devon  (Read 1198 times)

Tricia

• Joined Oct 2010
Bird flu Devon
« on: January 27, 2021, 04:13:53 pm »
Hello, is there anyone from Devon can tell me what the score is on bird flu. I know there was serious infection found at Exmouth before Xmas. I want to let my 3 out but can’t find up to the minute info on government web site. Tricia

:farmer:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Bird flu Devon
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 04:43:07 pm »
Updates on the page for bird keepers in England include the following

Update 21 January 2021: Following successful completion of disease control activities and surveillance within the zone, the Protection Zone surrounding both the premises near Exmouth, East Devon, Devon have been revoked and the areas merged with the Surveillance Zone.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 05:40:15 pm »
Hello, is there anyone from Devon can tell me what the score is on bird flu. I know there was serious infection found at Exmouth before Xmas. I want to let my 3 out but can’t find up to the minute info on government web site. Tricia

:farmer:
All birds still have to be housed away from wild birds. Keep yours in.

Tricia

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 08:16:56 pm »
 :sunshine: Thank you everyone. They will stay in for now. T

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS