Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Disposing of medicines / containers  (Read 1190 times)

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
Disposing of medicines / containers
« on: December 21, 2020, 05:34:48 pm »
This has probably been done before .... but not recently.

How does everyone dispose of empty antibiotics bottles, out of date drenches, etc .   
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
Re: Disposing of medicines / containers
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 06:01:42 pm »
I tend to give bottles back to the vet to go in their clinical waste bin. The same with out of date drenches. Empty wormer/pour on bottles go in with our empty chemical spray bottles and collected by clinical waste.

Julia1521

• Joined Jul 2020
Re: Disposing of medicines / containers
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 10:38:11 am »
Ask your farm vet for a DOOP bin (stands for Disposal Of Old Pharmaceuticals). I have two, one sharps bin and a seperate one for medicines. You pay for the bin but when its full you just drop it off and exchange it for a new one you dont have to pay for them to take it. I cant remeber how much it is but its not expensive at all. They come in different sizes, I tend to get the largest one so it lasts a while and can fit larger items like drenches in (the smaller ones cant). When you are recording how the medicine was disposed of in your medicine record book you can just write DOOP bin. Hope that helps!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS