Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Movement book  (Read 1367 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Movement book
« on: September 12, 2020, 02:43:47 pm »
Just been checking my movement book and the date on it is 2009 which is the same as the old one I have. Is this still OK to use.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
Re: Movement book
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 03:56:59 pm »
Mine is a standard notebook with lines drawn by me.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 04:11:37 pm »
Just been checking my movement book and the date on it is 2009 which is the same as the old one I have. Is this still OK to use.
[/quote

It is. As long as you have a record it doesn't matter what you keep it in or how.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 04:51:23 pm »
We are taking the sheep to Dingwall on Monday and I just wanted to make sure this book would be OK to use. Too far to go if it wasno use. So thanks.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 05:47:31 pm »
Do you mean movement book, which is for your own records, is private to you and not something you would show to the mart or abattoir, or do you mean movement license, the 4-part from of which you will surrender two parts to the mart?  If the latter, then yes I think it will have changed since 2009, possibly twice.  You should be able to look at one online, but I won't attempt to give you a link - it's best if someone else in Scotland tells you any specifics as things may be different your side of the border. 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2020, 06:51:37 pm »
OH says we do it on-line and print it off to take with us.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2020, 07:58:29 pm »
OH says we do it on-line and print it off to take with us.

Yup, that's the movement license.  Glad you are sorted.  (You do need to record the movement in your book as well, don't forget ;) )
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS