Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Shetland Cattle On-line Show  (Read 1550 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Shetland Cattle On-line Show
« on: July 28, 2020, 10:47:48 am »
The SCBA and SCBHS are pleased to announce the Shetland Cattle Online Show to be held on the Cloudlines Show platform on Saturday 29th August 2020.  This will be a showcase for Shetland Cattle from herds all over the UK, mainland and islands.  Judges will be provided by the Shetland Cattle Herd Book Society.

Classes open for entries at 8am on Friday 7th August and close 8pm Friday 14th August.  Competitors are asked to provide 4 good quality photographs of their animals to be uploaded on the Cloudlines Show website.  All cattle entered in the show must be registered in the Shetland Cattle Herd Book.  For calves born this year Birth Notifications should have been received by the Secretary prior to the closing date for entry.

Show stewards are Eleanor Arthur (SCHBS) and Lou Thorn (SCBA)

List of classes and general show rules available to download in the schedule here: 
https://shetlandcattle.org.uk/shows/2020/schedule.pdf

Request entry to classes here: https://cloud-lines-shows.com/shows/show/Shetland%20Cattle%20Online%20Show%20Summer%202020

Cloudlines Show FAQ here: 
https://cloud-lines-shows.com/support/faq

Any questions please contact Lou Thorn louise.thorn@gmail.com / 01269 862951 /07970 866669 or Eleanor Arthur 07833 341816
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 10:54:28 am by Rosemary »

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Shetland Cattle On-line Show
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 10:49:59 am »
Hey [member=13]Rosemary[/member], can you check your formatting please?

And the link too, I got "something went wrong"
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 10:10:50 pm »
All working perfectly now.  Will log in and watch on the day

Really looking forward to our Smallholding Festival on 24th October - and all our friends from out with the Falkirk area will be able to take part and watch the talks and demos
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 07:07:01 am »
Sadly my shetlands are currently too fat to show....... grass been growing like stink last 2 months and cows not pregnant so even strip grazing is failing to slow the weight gain .......    they really do grow on nothing!
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 02:00:00 pm »
Sorry, no excuse. It's called "being in show condition". Mine are fat too but I'm still entering.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 08:33:08 pm »
Don't know how many Shetland cattle keepers are on here, but come on guys, get registered as an exhibitor and take part! Folk have put in a lot of work to get this of the ground - if it goes well, it could become an annual event, which would be great for breeders and the breed. :cow: :trophy: :cow: :fc:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS