Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Le Quattro Volte (The four seasons)  (Read 3804 times)

namethatsheep

• Joined Jul 2015
Le Quattro Volte (The four seasons)
« on: June 21, 2020, 09:57:03 am »
As a relief from both working and a wet evening I decided, finally, to watch Le Quattro Volte, which I had been given as a DVD some years ago and had simply not got around to viewing. 

It's a film with no audible dialogue, no music and no subtitles - doesn't sound promising, does it? But stick with me. It's set in a mountaintop community in Calabria, Italy and follows the existence - and it is barely an existence - of an old goat herder as well as allowing us to witness the traditions of village life. There is sadness, some light relief but more importantly it instils in the viewer a contemplative, meditative mood.  Each of us will infer something different from the film. And remember the gentle chime of goat bells. or the making of charcoal, or the recreation of Roman traditions or funeral traditions or the belief in religion or the scenery or the celebration of spring or the goats and their kids or stepping out of our own lives to eavesdrop into the lives of others for 80 minutes...well recommended.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
Re: Le Quattro Volte (The four seasons)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 05:46:24 pm »
I hadn't noticed (after all this time) that there was a board for the "arts", but I will use that board for any future related content.
Subject film sounds a bit like  "The Great Mountain Sheep Gather" on BBC4 that I mentioned some time back under "anyone watched/watching" - I'll definitely go see if I can find some sort of on-line access - thanks namethatsheep.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 09:08:40 pm by arobwk »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS