Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hampton Steel - Staplelok stockists  (Read 1939 times)

Gornoeth

• Joined May 2019
Hampton Steel - Staplelok stockists
« on: May 21, 2020, 10:26:04 am »
Does anyone know of a stockist for the Staplelok posts that sells online? Struggling to find anywhere. Have asked Hampton Steel themselves but just been directed to a small agricultural supplies place 30 miles away.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
Re: Hampton Steel - Staplelok stockists
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 06:20:52 pm »
Simple answer to your starter question [member=194914]Gornoeth[/member] is "no".  But what's wrong with contacting the "small agri' supplies place" to see what's what ?

[Have to say that I was not impressed with Hampton Steel's 'sales' stance many years ago:  it would seem they still don't know how to sell stuff.  HOWEVER, they are still in business and still developing new metal fencing systems so who on earth are they selling stuff to and, more importantly, how ??] 

Gornoeth

• Joined May 2019
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 08:59:36 am »
Thanks [member=152775]arobwk[/member] glad it's not just me who's struggling with them. I really like the look of the product, it definitely appeals when you have a smaller amount of land and want to avoid paying too many contractors.

I will contact the place they recommended, but looking at their website they don't deliver this far and I don't plan to drive that far to buy fence posts!

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 07:20:32 pm »
[member=194914]Gornoeth[/member] don't forget to check out Hampton's Versalok and strainer kit options also while you are contacting the retail supplier.  Hopefully they will be more forthcoming than Hampton Steel HQ !?
Versalok looks to be "on paper" a bit more versatile/simpler than Staplelok and their metal strainer systems seem quite straight-forward also. 
(However, not sure how one removes Versalok clips should one need to - while Staplelok system blurb does actually say post staples can be removed!)

Of course, none of this stuff will compete price-wise for the basic materials with traditional timber intermediate posts & strainer arrangements, BUT, as you have almost certainly deduced, they are so much easier to install AND can offer viable single-handed installation without the cost of machinery or extra pairs of hands (unless you want) and, therefore, can offer considerable overall cost savings (installation and life-time costs).

[If you've searched TAS posts on fencing systems you will know already I personally went with McVeigh Parker's offerings of Clipex which was developed in Australia and sold here is slightly different form by McV P.] 

Gornoeth

• Joined May 2019
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 10:53:21 am »
Thanks, I was leaning towards the Hampshire Steel products as seemed more flexible for an amateur and less accuracy needed in lining up posts to the clips.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS